By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Playstation Trophy League

Esquoret said:

The case with Brutal Legend was that it was only glitched for some people. A significant group were complaining to the developer, but then for others it would be totally fine. In those cases it's very difficult to figure out what exactly is wrong. And it's not like it was a popular game with a vibrant online community. So really, the chances of them being able to fix it is pretty much non-existent as I learned the hard way. They just kept on saying, "We're looking into it" without any result. I'm glad that Tim Schafer is now making PSN titles, smaller and easier to handle, and importantly fully-working as well as creative.

I can empathize with Brutal Legend problems.  I was 99% complete in Brutal difficulty mode and my game save corrupted for no reason.  I complained and complained and they were all just like "too bad."

I also had an issue a week or two ago with AC Brotherhood trophies not unlocking, but thankfully I just had to go back and redo DNA sequence 2 in a new game and got them.  Don't think I'm going to try much online though.  I played a match online and it was just annoying.

Edit:  Oh hey, is Castlevania worth $20?  I can get it for that much at Fry's, but I'll probably just wait til it's cheaper.

Around the Network
fadetoone said:
Esquoret said:

The case with Brutal Legend was that it was only glitched for some people. A significant group were complaining to the developer, but then for others it would be totally fine. In those cases it's very difficult to figure out what exactly is wrong. And it's not like it was a popular game with a vibrant online community. So really, the chances of them being able to fix it is pretty much non-existent as I learned the hard way. They just kept on saying, "We're looking into it" without any result. I'm glad that Tim Schafer is now making PSN titles, smaller and easier to handle, and importantly fully-working as well as creative.

I can empathize with Brutal Legend problems.  I was 99% complete in Brutal difficulty mode and my game save corrupted for no reason.  I complained and complained and they were all just like "too bad."

I also had an issue a week or two ago with AC Brotherhood trophies not unlocking, but thankfully I just had to go back and redo DNA sequence 2 in a new game and got them.  Don't think I'm going to try much online though.  I played a match online and it was just annoying.

Edit:  Oh hey, is Castlevania worth $20?  I can get it for that much at Fry's, but I'll probably just wait til it's cheaper.

Bah AC:Brotherhood online rocks !

It's the only game I can think of where I won the first online match I ever played !

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Ail said:

Bah AC:Brotherhood online rocks !

It's the only game I can think of where I won the first online match I ever played !

It is fun and original I'll give it that. The dynamic of hunting one person and at the same stime getting tracked down yourself is awesome! All the while trying to be stealthy about it. People that run endlessly on rooftops annoys me though.

I did enjoy getting spotted and I'd wait for my assassin to approach me and as they are jump mid-ar, I'd smoke bomb them, then humiliate them with the stun. That never got old. So many times their animation looked like they were about to stab me, but then they would suddenly stop in mid-air teleport back down to standing the ground and be coughing from the smoke.

I'd also love to use fireworks in a crowd of look-a-likes to get all the NPCs to duck except my target, then follow that up with a smoke bomb the next second and I would know exactly who to take out with giving them a chance to do anything.

I think I only got to level 10 so I didn't get to unlock and see all that the multiplayer had to offer. I traded in Brotherhood  because I didn't see myself getting platinum and there are too many other games in my backlog that I want to play more. Also the wait times getting into games were bad for me. Sometimes 5-10 minutes. Not a lot of people playing during the times I was on I guess... even though they patched the game to speed up matchmaking times.

Yeah, it definitely seemed original, that's for sure.  I think it was the "I don't know what all the possibilities are" that really annoyed me.  Like I hung out in a hay bale and some dude just walked up and jumped in and killed me and there wasn't a damn thing I could do about it.  Or the time I was about to catch someone and they super speed sprinted away from me.

And I *really* did not like that people could apparently become invisible.  I killed a look alike and all of a sudden the actual person materialized in thin air right next to him.

95% of my assassinations are incognito ones.

I just need to level up some more so that I can poison people and not even reveal myself as I assassinate...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network

Sweet.  Got a good deal on the Sly Collection tonight, so my platinum rating is going to tank!

radiantshadow92 said:

Fallout new vegas is annoying on hardcore. Fucking deathclaws.

Go slowly. Get Boone. He helps a lot to kill enemies in long range.

Level up.

www.jamesvandermemes.com

radiantshadow92 said:
Ail said:
radiantshadow92 said:

Gobi sniper rifle hand made bullets. nuff said..........

I killed the legendary Deathclaw in 5 shots with this set up and he never touched me..

Its just that my companions keep dying >_>....It is ridiculous for them to be so hard even on very easy mode. I heard that even at max level 2-3 deathclaws still murder. I miss my dart gun =[

No way. By lvl 30, I would massacre loads of deathclaws quick.

By that time, if you explored the game and properly spent points on skills, you will have great weapons and enough Psycho and Med-x to last you a lifetime.

I could probably kill the entire NCR army by myself.

www.jamesvandermemes.com

Oh, btw, the 2nd Borderlands DLC is annoying. The Underdome with the Arena Challenges.

The easy challenges are 5 rounds consisting of 5 waves each. the final wave of each round is a boss.

If you die, you go back so many waves its ridiculous.

With a friend, it took me awhile and a lot of patience to do all 3 arenas

Now comes the larger challhenged.

Its 20 (!!!!!!!) round of 5 waves each.

So 100 rounds. For each arena! Im not sure I have the patience for that.

so I just moved on to the 3rd DLC, the General Knoxx one. So far, really fun.

www.jamesvandermemes.com

marciosmg said:
radiantshadow92 said:
Ail said:
radiantshadow92 said:

Gobi sniper rifle hand made bullets. nuff said..........

I killed the legendary Deathclaw in 5 shots with this set up and he never touched me..

Its just that my companions keep dying >_>....It is ridiculous for them to be so hard even on very easy mode. I heard that even at max level 2-3 deathclaws still murder. I miss my dart gun =[

No way. By lvl 30, I would massacre loads of deathclaws quick.

By that time, if you explored the game and properly spent points on skills, you will have great weapons and enough Psycho and Med-x to last you a lifetime.

I could probably kill the entire NCR army by myself.

I usually don't die. Its Boon! The companion wheel just doesn't have a good enough set of instructions. Wheres the "stay back/don't attack" command?