Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Playstation Trophy League

Is the update gonna happen tonight or tomorrow ???\
Anybody know ?

| Sony Bravia 52" LCD | Sony Bravia 5.1 System |

| 20" iMac | 13" MacBook | M17X Alienware Gaming Laptop |

| 120GB Slim PS3 | 80GB Fat PS3 | 250GB Xbox 360 | Wii | PSP Go |

Around the Network
Coronalex said:
Is the update gonna happen tonight or tomorrow ???
Anybody know ?

The league is updated every Tuesday.

KylieDog said:
chenguo4 said:
KylieDog said:
HideoK said:

I already pointed out the flaws of following PS3trophies.org ratings.  They used to enforce the "Don't count time" rule but now they don't, making differing games get similar average rankings.  Once a vote is made it is made forever too, does not factor in any patches, DLC or just new methods worked out by players since the time when most fo the ratings are made (early after a games release) and these can change platinum difficulty a lot.

Take Mirror's Edge for example, since the majority of votes there have been lots of youtube vids showing newly discovered shortcuts, this removes a lot of the challenge from speed runs and the time trials.  DLC has since been released also and you can just grab a bunch of stars from the DLC and they will add towards the time trial star rating trophy needed for the platinum, so instead of needing 3 star (max per time trial) every time trial you can just 1 or 2 star them and then 1 or 2 star a bunch from the DLC to make up the extras, makes the platinum incredibly easier.  None of this is factored though.

With Mirror's Edge, it still actually took some skill to pull off some of those tricks and shortcuts. For example, in the last chapter, the server room is still one of the hardest points in the game in the speedruns, simply because you need to have a perfect run in that room in order to have a chance to get that speedrun finished (there were so many things that could go wrong in that room, too). There were plenty of spots in that game that were quite difficult, so even with the DLC, it still takes skill to get the platinum in that game.

KylieDog said:
You know how much time they spent playing in those 2 weeks? Lots of potential play hours, lots of people imported the game anyway.

It's minus 2 weeks..........

And I don't think they went backwards in time.....

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Arcturus said:
Coronalex said:
Is the update gonna happen tonight or tomorrow ???
Anybody know ?

The league is updated every Tuesday.

10-4 Arcturus.

Thanks for the quick response bud.

| Sony Bravia 52" LCD | Sony Bravia 5.1 System |

| 20" iMac | 13" MacBook | M17X Alienware Gaming Laptop |

| 120GB Slim PS3 | 80GB Fat PS3 | 250GB Xbox 360 | Wii | PSP Go |

Around the Network

Hey Guys,
I just thought of a fun challenge for league members to compete against each other. I got the idea mainly because I wanted to call out mattbfg for not completing a certain game to platinum. Man, he's such a quitter

So here's my idea. You can request that either the person above or below you on the regular leaderboard go after platinum on a game that requires A) you have the platinum for and B) that they have played, but didn't finish getting platinum. Games they haven't played don't count. (So no one is pressured into playing games they don't want to).

So since you have platinum you have the right to challenge them and kick them into gear. Sounds like fun right? Hopefully in return the person being challenged to finish a game has another game they can challenge right back with.

So I'm going to kick this challenge off by challenging mattbfg. Let's see... I can choose between Bioshock, Little Big Planet, Resident Evil 5, Ratchet & Clank: ACIT, Burnout Paradise, Lord of the Rings Conquest, and one more. The one more is the one I wanted to challenge him with from the start. He got Call of Duty Classic platinum and Modern Warfare 2... now he need to get Call of Duty World at War platinum!! He got pretty close, only 12% away from platinum. Mattbfg, I officially challenge you to finish it!!

HideoK said:
Hey Guys,
I just thought of a fun challenge for league members to compete against each other. I got the idea mainly because I wanted to call out mattbfg for not completing a certain game to platinum. Man, he's such a quitter

So here's my idea. You can request that either the person above or below you on the regular leaderboard go after platinum on a game that requires A) you have the platinum for and B) that they have played, but didn't finish getting platinum. Games they haven't played don't count. (So no one is pressured into playing games they don't want to).

So since you have platinum you have the right to challenge them and kick them into gear. Sounds like fun right? Hopefully in return the person being challenged to finish a game has another game they can challenge right back with.

So I'm going to kick this challenge off by challenging mattbfg. Let's see... I can choose between Bioshock, Little Big Planet, Resident Evil 5, Ratchet & Clank: ACIT, Burnout Paradise, Lord of the Rings Conquest, and one more. The one more is the one I wanted to challenge him with from the start. He got Call of Duty Classic platinum and Modern Warfare 2... now he need to get Call of Duty World at War platinum!! He got pretty close, only 12% away from platinum. Mattbfg, I officially challenge you to finish it!!

I will be nice and not ask you to get NBA09 The Inside plat :P

Someone got to challenge me to get Batman AA so I get off my lazy ass and finish the riddles...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

@KylieDog
Well it would ultimately up to you whether or not you want to accept your challenger and rent it again.

@Jboy
And since your my other challenger next to me on the leaderboards I've gone ahead and checked out the games I can challenge you to finish. Killzone 2, Bioshock, Batman Arkham Asylum and Wolverine. I'm leaning towards either Killzone 2 or Batman. I feel like being nice and I know what happened to your Wolverine save when your PS3 got YLOD. Hmmm your very close to both Batman & Killzone 2. You just basically need to beat Elite on Killzone and a ribbon badge. How many ribbons do you need on that one? And for Batman looks like you need at least 8 more freeflow challenges and to beat the game on hard. I'll get back to you with my decision shortly. hehe

As for your challenge to me I know what its going to be based on process of elimination. lol. At least that game will be a 4 star difficulty if I can do it! Just need to buy it again first. At least its only $12.99 on amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Mirrors-Edge-Playstation-3/dp/B00149ND28/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1271110004&sr=8-2

@Ail
Right now the way I was setting this up was so that you could only challenge someone directly above you and directly below you on the main leaderboard. So you can't challenge me to NBA 09 Inside plat just yet! And thanks for being nice, btw I appreciate it :P

But yeah if this challenge game takes off and is fun we could potentially open it up to challenge anyone. But at least the current way I was setting it up is so you'd only have a max of 2 challenges at a time. Unless of course your rank on the main leader boards fluctuates a lot. Then you may get more challenges each week.

Also you shouldn't be allowed to challenge the same person again until you complete their return challenge. But you could keep stacking them with challenges as long as you complete theirs and both people accept the new challenge. And if you run out of challenges you can receive then I guess you win! haha. I dunno, its just a fun new way to get people off their lazy asses (Ails words, not mine) and give them the extra push them to do their best and not give up in a game to reach platinum. Also its another way to add individual levels of competition to the league. Brings a whole new meaning to ranking one position above or one position below someone on the leaderboards!!

And what if the person doesn't have any games to challenge you back with? Well then then they can still choose to accept your challenge, but they can't issue you one. They better get cracking on some new games if they want to stay competitive!