By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Others number Up!!

I would have thought the % increase would be significant enough to bring it above the PS3 by a couple tens of thousands. this price cut clearly demonstrates the demand the XBOX 360 is experiencing in the european market.

MS should place more emphasis on stronger areas like the UK to make up for stagnating demand in the rest of europe.

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
This is 360 price cut week?

Guess my prediction was right. This price cut was just as effective as the last price cut (which was, not very effective).

The last price cut sold at LEAST a couple of hundred thousand consoles in the region that is Sony's fortress.

This price cut looks like it will do the same, with the added brilliance of giving the console a mass market price just before the holiday season.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

whahaha...xbox360 has noo change in europa ..when lbp releases it will give a Big blow agains the x360

starcraft said:
DMeisterJ said:
This is 360 price cut week?

Guess my prediction was right. This price cut was just as effective as the last price cut (which was, not very effective).

The last price cut sold at LEAST a couple of hundred thousand consoles in the region that is Sony's fortress.

This price cut looks like it will do the same, with the added brilliance of giving the console a mass market price just before the holiday season.

HAHAHA you atleast know what you are talking about. Good conclusion

So they had to cut the price again just to get themselves back up to the level of sales that they saw right after the last price cut and were still unable to beat the PS3?

We also have to remember that the spike after the first week doesn't really matter, it's where the sales settle, and from the looks of things, they just managed to get a few people sitting on the fence without affecting the PS3 sales at all. I expect 360 sales to return to around 45-50K/wk in a few weeks.

MS had better pray on its knees to heaven above that Sony never cuts the price in Europe.

Consoles owned: Saturn, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, PSP, DS, PS3

Around the Network

Remember that MS is not quite welcome outside of GB. Then again, Apple is slowly but surely taking the crown in that sense, the shit they make us go through with their Iphones, AAARRRGGHH.....

Huh. Who would've thought that beggining anew in my real life would coincide with starting anew on vgchartz?

Any day now, the dollar will be worth less than 2 zloty......any day now.....and my life savings will be in total jepordy ;(.

klaudkil said:
whahaha...xbox360 has noo change in europa ..when lbp releases it will give a Big blow agains the x360

LOL do you really think LBP will be a system seller??? You're very funny.

Locked.

Wrong Forum (sorry just noticed).

To Each Man, Responsibility
Lord N said:

So they had to cut the price again just to get themselves back up to the level of sales that they saw right after the last price cut and were still unable to beat the PS3?

We also have to remember that the spike after the first week doesn't really matter, it's where the sales settle, and from the looks of things, they just managed to get a few people sitting on the fence without affecting the PS3 sales at all. I expect 360 sales to return to around 45-50K/wk in a few weeks.

MS had better pray on its knees to heaven above that Sony never cuts the price in Europe.

why? Microsoft is already winning BUHAHAHAHA

FilaBrasileiro said:
Dianko said:
FilaBrasileiro said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Dear posters, please try to be more respectful of the 360. It got a decent increase in sales and that's something to be proud of.

I disagree, this is as crappy as PS3's weekly numbers in Japan.

Oh come on. That's just beyond ridiculous. 50k isn't great at all, it's not even good, but it's not freaking 8000 a week in the worlds 3rd largest region for games.

Europe is much bigger than Japan and its gaming market is growing significantly. The 360 just got a price cut and is cheaper than the Wii and almost the same price as the PS2 and is still outsold by a console that's 2x as expensive? Crappy.

I'm aware of that, but you have to keep in mind, country by country Japan is the no. 2 videogame market in the world, followed by the UK and other Euro nations. Think about that, 8000 in Japan, when the PS3 sells more in the UK alone. You can't really make the comparison that the 360 is doing as bad, relatively speaking, as the PS3 is in Japan. HD consoles are beyond pathetic there, at least in Europe all 3 are viable.