By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - i need good hardcore wii party games in 2008

now and again i have mates over for the evening and of course the wii plays a big part in what we do. most recently weve been playing super smash bros and mario kart wii in 4 player awesomeness.  however these are the games weve been using through the summer but now im feeling i need a new game(s). id also like the title to have an awesome single player/online heres the list ive got so far so could people offer advice/new ideas

1. gathering game: games that youd be able to be able to play with mayb one,two other people

Tales of Symphonia 2: I have a couple of massive RPG fan friends so i thinj it will be good to play through with 3 player co-op

Call of Duty 5:  mates like playing co-op in RE:UC so they should be up for the offline co-op which is less lightgunny

2. party game: games i can play 4 player where its easy to get everyone to have a go quickly

call of duty 5: i know it has online mutliplayer but does it have 4 player offline competitive multiplayer?

quantum of solice: i know it has 4 player offline multiplayer but does it have online multiplayer?

and will these have good controls cos my friends were too happy with red steel?

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Around the Network

De Blob is supposed to be a great game and it supports 4 player multiplayer.

Question - how many GCN controls do you have - 'cause if so there's quite a few GCN games to look out for for a fun multiplayer. I'm a big fan of kirby air ride (say waht you want about the puffball, city mode in air ride is an excellent place for epic scales of douchebaggery, something that's allways fun in a group), Metal Arms and timesplitters 2 on the GCN.

But if you're sticking with solely Wii games then the only thing i can offer from my library (other than brawl and mariokart), as a "gathering game", is Zack and Wiki. It's 2 player mode basically lets another person write stuff on the screen to help guide you, so you have 2+ people trying to solve a puzzle. Other then that...wario ware? Your mates might not go for that (or, if they do, its to mock the person that gets the hula hoop and dancing minigame).

um..stuff

Well I would think Rock Band 2 would be a good choice

"They think I'm crazy, but I know better. It is not I who am crazy, it is I who am MAD!"

"Bolshe, luchshe, I kruche"

Golf.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Around the Network

If you like football then Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 is good option, it has online and multiplayer, but ony for 2 people.

Tiger Woods 09, Madden 09 seems to be good multiplayer games too.

If you like fighting games, Naruto Clash of Ninja Revolution can be played by 4 people and it's easy to play. However it has no online and the second version is near to launch.

Have you played Gryostarr or Dr Mario on Wiiware? Those are good options too.

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

de blob is kinda tempting. btw can any1 answer the questions about quantum of solice and cod5?

To answer your question about Quantum of Solace, yes, it does also have online, though it's still to be determined if you can bring guests on. As for the quality of the control, well, that's still unknown.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

cheers kitchen sink

There is only one true hardcore game on Wii this year, Mega Man 9. There are some core games though