By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy XIII maximized for PS3

While I do think the game will turn out looking a bit better on the ps3, overall I think the difference will be negligible. To be honest I think it's a bit of PR on the part of SquareEnix to lower the backlash of hardcore ps3 supporters.

Around the Network

MAXIMIZE!!!

SHMUPGurus said:
makingmusic476 said:
SHMUPGurus said:

Hmmm, all I'll say is this: A ''maximized'' PS3 game will also be playable on the 360 at the cost of more DVDs ONLY? Wow... o_o

Who said this?  I game maximized for either system will have to go through at least some changes when ported to another system.

Don't worry, I got that part! xD

I just wanted to do a ''DMeisterJ'' for once (you know, create some reactions on the [insert fans of a certain console here] side). ;)

I believe the word for that is trolling.

As for this game, maximazed or not, it won't be that different in the end.

the team is looking to specialize it for the PS3 so that the game will be maximized [for that console], and then they will port it over to the 360 and utilize the capabilities of that console."

They're maximizing it for PS3, then they're maximizing it for 360.  This simply means it won't be a typical 'multiplat' title that doesn't take advantage of either system.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

im still not buying the game.

Around the Network

Pulling percentages out of their asses yet someone somewhere will still buy their BS.

Hmm..?
O rly?

Take my love, take my land..

As much as I want to believe this guy, the truth is things were most likely changed to make it multi-plat - to what degree we may never know.

Of course he'll tell us what we want to hear, when 'maximized for the PS3 is a completely vague statement which we have no way of knowing if it was or wasn't. He should give us real examples of how this logic was applied to the game engine, and where the 360 shortcomings are lol.

Best version of FF XIII will be on PS3. All thanks to the Blu-Ray disc player of PS3. FF XIII on X360 will be the gimped version where the game would be reduced so it fits onto the 4 DVD's.

FF XIII will have better graphic on 360