By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Persona 3 is awesome!

So I finally got this game a couple days ago and it is the first SMT game I've ever played. (never played DDS, Nocturne etc)

I gotta say that this game is super fun to play and very well done. The game mixes the story/fighting/school-life really well and I've become quite engrossed in the world. I haven't been this addicted to an RPG in a fair bit. I wish there was a little more depth to the school aspect and more freedom in your social links, but overall I'm very pleased with the game.

My only one true complaint is the music, which is a mixed bag. Some of it I like and fits well (such as the music during school) but some of it can be a little grating and tiresome. (like that pseudo-rap thing when you're in your dorm) I also think your characters get tired a little too quickly, although in P4 apparently they've taken that out and made it so it's a bit harder to restore SP. (which I think is better and adds more of a strategy element)

I am definitely looking forward to Persona 4. I also hope that a Persona PS3 or 360 game gets made eventually. Not so much for graphics, but with that they take a similar school setting to P3 and expand upon it and add more depth and freedom.

This is honestly the best $25 I've spent in a long time. I think when all is said and done, this well end up in my Top 15 JRPG's of all time, maybe even Top 10. This is also might cause me to track down some of the other PS2 SMT's

To reinforce how much I like this game, it was able to pull me away from playing with EASHL team in NHL 09 which had me hooked really bad.

Around the Network

yes it is.

Times Banned: 12

Press----------------> <----------------Press

Undying said:
yes it is.

concise and to the point...

I like it

I felt the same way when I got it, still do. One of the best PS2 JRPGs out there. Nice to see that you're enjoying it. What part are you on? Persona 4 seems to add more depth to the social links thing. As for the tired thing, it becomes less of a burden later on. You should get Nocturne once you're done with P3. Very dark and challenging, but definitely worth the experience. Nocturne is getting another Director's cut, so wait if they'll bring it here to the states.

after buying FFXII, I was insanely disappointed. so I decided to give Persona 3 a shot. yes, it was also my first SMT game. I also felt the same way, I was sucked into the world like no other. I'm not gonna spoil it, but the ending was definetly a shocker. it's definetly the best RPG since FFX. you should definetly get Persona 4. PS. did you get the stand-alone game or did you get Persona 3: FES?

Around the Network
Mirson said:
I felt the same way when I got it, still do. One of the best PS2 JRPGs out there. Nice to see that you're enjoying it. What part are you on? Persona 4 seems to add more depth to the social links thing. As for the tired thing, it becomes less of a burden later on. You should get Nocturne once you're done with P3. Very dark and challenging, but definitely worth the experience.

I am actually not too far, I'm in the middle of Block 2, can't remember the date off the top of my head.

I'll look into getting Nocture. That was actually another question I had, if I should play Nocture, DDS or Devil Summoner:RK vs The SA. Although I remember reading that the latter was a departure from previous games and has real time fighting. I think DDS also has a direct sequel IIRC.

Oh and for the record, I joined the Kendo team.

superbeast1370 said:
after buying FFXII, I was insanely disappointed. so I decided to give Persona 3 a shot. yes, it was also my first SMT game. I also felt the same way, I was sucked into the world like no other. I'm not gonna spoil it, but the ending was definetly a shocker. it's definetly the best RPG since FFX. you should definetly get Persona 4. PS. did you get the stand-alone game or did you get Persona 3: FES?

FES of course!

Nice timing, I just picked up a copy of Persona on Saturday. I haven't jumped into it yet, still waiting for a nice open block of time that isn't filled with mega Man 9 or Spore...

Could be awhile lol

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Check out my daily drawings here and help keep me on task!

Stats87 said:
Mirson said:
I felt the same way when I got it, still do. One of the best PS2 JRPGs out there. Nice to see that you're enjoying it. What part are you on? Persona 4 seems to add more depth to the social links thing. As for the tired thing, it becomes less of a burden later on. You should get Nocturne once you're done with P3. Very dark and challenging, but definitely worth the experience.

I am actually not too far, I'm in the middle of Block 2, can't remember the date off the top of my head.

I'll look into getting Nocture. That was actually another question I had, if I should play Nocture, DDS or Devil Summoner:RK vs The SA. Although I remember reading that the latter was a departure from previous games and has real time fighting. I think DDS also has a direct sequel IIRC.

Get Nocturne first since it's the 'main' game. DDS and Devil Summoner are spin-offs. Nocturne will keep you busy for a long time. There are so many things to do here, and there are about six different endings. It's pretty difficult, and the game forces you to strategize most of the time. The atmosphere, art style, story, etc is all well done.

After that, try the DDS games. The battle system is similar to Nocturne. They're pretty hard to find and expensive. Devil Summoner Raidou is an action RPG. The combat could use some work, but it's still good. You'll love the story.

Stats87 said:
Mirson said:

I'm on my 3rd run on FES, well...2nd (1st the original persona 3, 2nd on FES, 3rd on FES trying to max out the social links) I also joined the Kendo Club. who knew Mitsuru likes to walk around naked or that Shinji likes to cook.