By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Recommend me some anime

Since it wasn't mentioned, watch Gantz. I'm not a huge anime fan but that show was just awesome. Unfortunately the abrupt ending is a bit of a letdown, but everything leading up to it is top notch.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network
Onyxmeth said:

Since it wasn't mentioned, watch Gantz. I'm not a huge anime fan but that show was just awesome. Unfortunately the abrupt ending is a bit of a letdown, but everything leading up to it is top notch.

well this thread will be good for you. Look at my list and pick one of the better rated ones i rated.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ssj12 said:
Onyxmeth said:

well this thread will be good for you. Look at my list and pick one of the better rated ones i rated.

I might check one or two out. I did watch a few episodes of Elfen Lied at a friend's house and liked it. It's anime series themselves that irk me. They waste so much airtime. Even in Gantz they can waste twenty minutes on a five minute situation in the show. I just want to yell out "Get the fuck on with the show already!". I prefer the movies because they don't tend to use the same copouts.

Have you seen Gantz though? It's got a great concept and really good character development. Oh and quite possibly the best damn opening theme ever for an anime.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Onyxmeth said:
ssj12 said:
Onyxmeth said:

I might check one or two out. I did watch a few episodes of Elfen Lied at a friend's house and liked it. It's anime series themselves that irk me. They waste so much airtime. Even in Gantz they can waste twenty minutes on a five minute situation in the show. I just want to yell out "Get the fuck on with the show already!". I prefer the movies because they don't tend to use the same copouts.

Have you seen Gantz though? It's got a great concept and really good character development. Oh and quite possibly the best damn opening theme ever for an anime.

best opening goes to Xam'd...but check out the animes I rated B and above. Some do have their drawn out moments, s-cry-d for example, but overall they are really good animes.

but no I haven't, I'll check it out.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

I just noticed you watched Love Hina, and gave it an A no less. Shame on you ssj12 for rating that show that high when you haven't seen some of the better comedy animes out there!

(I absolutely hated Love Hina, it was like a bad Tenchi Muyo, and I didn't even like Tenchi that much...Harem animes are usually pretty bad in general, just shameless Japanese fantasies of having 20 girls fawn over you at all times of the day)

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Around the Network

Just wanted to know one thing
Am I the only one here who has seen Legend Of The Galactic Heroes?(sorry for off-topic)

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murders will foam up about their waist and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

....and I'll look down and whisper  "no."  

- Rorschach

Wow, nice list and I like your taste in anime overall, although I'm kind of questioning why you put FMA at the level of Digimon and under Pokemon 1-4 (for me the series ended when they went past #151). Other than that, great taste.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Try Soul Eater and Sunabouzu.

I forgot two of my favorites: Saikano, and Nausica of the valley of the wind (this one's a movie, but still great)

Both are kind of sad stories, specifically Saikano.

Gunslinger Girl its only 13 episodes that are availabe for purchase on both PSN and XBL Video Store. Really interesting and undeniably awesome.