By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who thinks Tri-Ace is in Level 5 league

SnakeEyez said:
hmm...this is almost a who's getting better RPGs, PS3 with White Knight Chronicles (Level 5) or Xbox 360 with Infinite Undiscovery and Star Ocean 4 (Tri-Ace). If it is, this thread is kinda sad, claiming one game or developer is bad compared to another exclusive game or developer. If it's really just a comparison of devs, then I apologize and in that case I'll say Level 5.

I think that Star Ocean 4 is going to go to the PS3 so they could make more money just like FF13 is on the 360 so square could make more money its that simple

Around the Network

The metacritics of the games in debate:

DGVIII: 89
Dark Cloud 2: 87

Star Ocean til the end of time: 80
Star Ocean the second story: 80

So there's a difference between the best of each developer, but nothing massive.

I would call Level 5 better, but not that Tri-ace is bad or anything.  They're both good developers by anyone's scale.

SHMUPGurus said:
Jo21 said:
Soriku said:
Star Ocean isn't AAA? ROFL.

Fail.

no it isn't.

the first 2 were good.

3 had a great battle system but that about it.

The story in 3 was amazing until that part where you had to stay in a sucky medieval planet with a shitty war. Then it re-gets interesting! =p

I really liked that idea of ''you can't interfere in other civilization if they are not the same league as you'' thingy or something like that. It was creative, and they should have built on that idea more.

the whole ending confused the hell out of me in Star Ocean 3 but I still think it was a good game and i am one of the few people that liked Radiata Stories but when I played Infinte Undiscovery I was dissopointed not because it was a bad game but because it was not Tri Ace

Seriously who cares?

Star Ocean is on the 360 and WK is on the PS3, it's like comparing Halo to Killzone, it only works on the marketing front.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

According to metacritic the worst game that Level 5 made was better that every tri-Ace game
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps2/roguegalaxy?q=Rogue%20Galaxy

Around the Network
Splenda14 said:
SHMUPGurus said:
Jo21 said:
Soriku said:
Star Ocean isn't AAA? ROFL.

Fail.

no it isn't.

the first 2 were good.

3 had a great battle system but that about it.

The story in 3 was amazing until that part where you had to stay in a sucky medieval planet with a shitty war. Then it re-gets interesting! =p

I really liked that idea of ''you can't interfere in other civilization if they are not the same league as you'' thingy or something like that. It was creative, and they should have built on that idea more.

the whole ending confused the hell out of me in Star Ocean 3 but I still think it was a good game and i am one of the few people that liked Radiata Stories but when I played Infinte Undiscovery I was dissopointed not because it was a bad game but because it was not Tri Ace

Ah yeah, the typical JRPG cliché. Most of them end in a pretty freaky way if you ask me. That's what I like about them though! For example, I remember when I was at the very last area in Tales of Symphonia and learned about everything right at the end, the culminating point is always a satisfying moment in RPG! =P

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

You fucks pulling up all these Metacritic scores are idiots. Who gives a shit about reviews? Honestly. Going by that shit is the dumbest thing any gamer can do.

Where did this come from? Is this because tri-Ace had the audacity to make 360 games whereas every Sony fanboy and their mother has been hyping WKC despite its inevitable bombing like the majority of Level 5 games?

Level 5 wishes it was on tri-Ace's level. The only established franchises Level 5 have had since conception are Dragon Quest (which they don't own and could be removed from entirely by DQX) and Professor Layton to a lesser extent. Dark Cloud bombed, Rogue Galaxy had modest sales but was fairly forgettable since Level 5 wanted it to be their equivalent to Final Fantasy, and Inazuma Eleven remains to be seen. So far, Level 5's best can barely challenge tri-Ace's worst, but it's not really fair when you've got an older and better developer like tri-Ace and randomly match them up against a developer still struggling to find a place and some relevance in the amrket like Level 5, just because some Sony fanboys a feeling a bit insecure about a game they had no business hyping to astronomical levels in the first place based on past history.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

if you have any better way to argue over who's opinion is better than go for it, Valkyria. Review averages are the only thing even close to being values we can compare to talk about the quality of games. Otherwise we all just have to give up and admit that noone's opinion is better than anyone else and everyone has their favorite series.

Valkyria00 said:
You fucks pulling up all these Metacritic scores are idiots.  Who gives a shit about reviews? Honestly. Going by that shit is the dumbest thing any gamer can do.

Don't flame other users.  This is your only warning.