By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - if you had a 360 and it got the RROD for the 3rd time

It does not require two weeks of my time. It requires one phone call, and then the time to take the package to the nearest place to be shipped off. It would be an annoyance to not be able to play the console for a bit, but I often go a week or more not playing games anyways due to lack of interest. I assure you that me buying a PS3 would do nothing to change this as well. I would go far longer than 2 weeks in-between gaming sessions on it because it has fewer games I want to play.

Edit: And where are you getting this non-sense about the reduced warranty for the RROD? I have never heard a more absurd claim on these boards.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network
raiin said:
ps3....my x360 rrod 5 times...i can't even sell the shit....get the ps3, you won't regret it :)

And my 60gb PS3 is worth more as a PS2 console than a PS3 if I go by the difference in used 60gbs vs 40gb PS3s.

Tease.

halil23 said:
Ronster316 said:
halil23 said:
So if you get 3 RROD, you would still buy them!!!!!!
"MS have a reputation of turning their back on consumers."
Seriously, why would you what to go through all these hassle! That just sad and a waste of time/money :(

Guys! For crying out loud, open up your mind and get a PS3! It will soothe your heart, not break!!

Yeah , i see your quote, its lifted directly from the dude who made the ps3 v 360 comparison on youtube........... that video sucks and is biased as hell.................

ps2's used to break just out of warranty (ie after 13 months) at least if somthing happens to my 360 it gets repaired for free

people still bought a 2nd or 3rd ps2, so why wouldn't 360 owners buy a new 360 or wait for it to be repaired?

I didn't get that quote from youtube! Got it from some user post from another forum.

Anyway half of those people who brought a 2nd PS2 got the slim (just like DS & PSP) and the other half would of been the DRE, but it no where big as the RROD quantities. And please no cherry picking "a 3rd PS2" But obviously we've seen many 3rd xbox360 purchases (even 4th!).

The point is the OT said would you buy a 4th xbox360? If a x console died on me 3 time, I'll just abandon that x console and move on to another x console as I would learn that it not worth the investment. And why on earth would I let a company give me frustration/hassle and waste of time, isn't it all about having fun! That why I mention that quote "MS have a reputation of turning their back on consumers." because that what M$ delivered, and I'm shocked that customers still buy from that evil corporation, it is so wrong!

Good people would buy from good company, hence why I'm going to get a PS3 instead of xbox360!

So all in all, if anyone out there got 2 or 3 rrod and still planning to buy more, then you have problems and that is you need to let go of your fanboyism and move on!

"We have built up a certain brand equity over time since the launch of PlayStation in 1995 and PS2 in 2000 that the first five million are going to buy it, whatever it is, even it didn't have games," Reeves told Computer and Video Games in an interview.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3150935

Yup, such saints

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Gnizmo said:

It does not require two weeks of my time. It requires one phone call, and then the time to take the package to the nearest place to be shipped off. It would be an annoyance to not be able to play the console for a bit, but I often go a week or more not playing games anyways due to lack of interest. I assure you that me buying a PS3 would do nothing to change this as well. I would go far longer than 2 weeks in-between gaming sessions on it because it has fewer games I want to play.

Edit: And where are you getting this non-sense about the reduced warranty for the RROD? I have never heard a more absurd claim on these boards.

I wasn't referring to a reduced warranty for RROD specifically, just the 360 in general.

What I was referring to unfortunately I can't find in the search.  But there was a thread a couple days ago where someone mentioned something about with newer 360's having to buy the extended warranty and that it only covered 2 years and 3 months or something along those lines.

Then again, I can't find the thread either, and who's to say that person was right as well.  I don't recall who it was from, but I remember them being someone I thought fairly reliable.  Again - that doesn't mean it was true.

In all honesty, I'd rather have the system where I don't have to worry about having a warranty.

Oh and also, point taken on the games and amount of playing time. Exclusives will appeal to different people. 360 exclusives appeal to you. Fair enough.

Around the Network

Play PC games? The PS3 current exclusives library does not justify the $400 cost, IMO. I certainly wouldn't buy another 360 and a gamming computer can be built for under $600 these days.

Phrancheyez said: 

I wasn't referring to a reduced warranty for RROD specifically, just the 360 in general.

What I was referring to unfortunately I can't find in the search.  But there was a thread a couple days ago where someone mentioned something about with newer 360's having to buy the extended warranty and that it only covered 2 years and 3 months or something along those lines.

Then again, I can't find the thread either, and who's to say that person was right as well.  I don't recall who it was from, but I remember them being someone I thought fairly reliable.  Again - that doesn't mean it was true.

In all honesty, I'd rather have the system where I don't have to worry about having a warranty.

Standard length of a warranty in the US is only a year, and the three year warranty only covers the RRoD. Chances are someone was talking about an extended normal warranty rather than the RRoD specific warranty.

Oh and if you ever find a console where you don't have to worry about a warranty please let me know. Everyone single piece of electronic and mechanical equipment I have ever heard of needs a warranty. Everything that works can break, and that is what a warranty is for. So logn as your system works you have a warranty you need to worry about.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Phrancheyez said:
The free warranty isn't nearly as long anymore if I recollect correctly.

Actually I just got a brand new Elite with the new chip design.  When I registered it with microsoft XBox Support my warranty was full coverage for 3 years (2011), free of charge.  I think the new 60g models are the only ones not covered for 3 years, just 1 year, but I can not confirm this either, because I do not own a 60g.  

Still, 3 years for a brand new console is sweeeet!   I would continue getting my 360 fixed after RROD's, if they happend because....... it gets fixed quick, for free, and the 360 has the largest and best library of games!

Doesn't matter how many 360s you go through so long as it's still covered by the extended warranty.

If you have enough games on the platform, you're more or less tied to it, but there still isn't any reason to buy a second console.

Extend your game options, buy a PS3 and wait until the 360 gets refurbed.

halil23 said:
starcraft said:
Why buy a PS3?

It has 1/3 the AAA titles...........

Ok this is getting bloody old!

Since you using metacritic and or gamerankings as a source.

Obviously we all know that American reviewers are bias toward xbox360 more than PS3 & Wii due to xbox being an American product and the fact that metacritic and gamerankings don't collect Japanese scores! And yes Japanese would do the same thing what American doing to their beloved one (xbox)

Let just assume metacritic and gamerankings just had Euro scores, which would be fair as they have don't have their own console. What the chance of xbox360 AAA quantity, < 5 likely, while PS3 & wii would have easily double of what they currently have! Or another way, put Japanese score in and the results would of been the same as having just Euro alone!!

starcraft the master of spinning words.....always!

BTW, I don't understand why metacritic and gamerankings wouldn't collect Japanese scores. It not like it need to be English in order to be entitle on the database, what wrong with just getting their number scores, cause I think it really unfair.

How many million sellers does PS3 have again??? 360 has 43 not including XBLA games. LOL last time I checked PS3 has mainly ports from 360 games and games that came out for the 360 a month before coming to Japan so I doubt they have good reviews there. Also how many RPG's does PS3? Starcraft is correct and no spinning is involved for you to be proven wrong.