By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 499 model temporary until stock is gone

Bodhesatva said:
ckmlb said:
I think it's misleading to say the 499 model is temporary, it's the 60 gb model that is temporary.

Can you provide a link please?

http://kotaku.com/gaming/say-what%3F/60gb-ps3-being-taken-out-to-pasture-278039.php

Around the Network

Hmm...I agree, the title is misleading...

I'm going to mess with your minds! ckmlb's thread is now valid, and this one's locked!

Muahaha! I'm going crazy!

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Ok so you actually think that the 80 gb model alone without a pack in game is going to be sold at 600$?

It says on the box, limited edition. Hence this limited edition pack in is to lose the least money possible followed by the sellout of the 60 gb unit and then the limited edition is done with and the 80 gb which is actually cheaper to make is the new 500 dollar SKU.

Limited Edition.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

And yeah, all this is is a clearance sale, which there's absolutely nothing wrong with, but there go my chances of considering a PS3 again. I can *almost* stomach $499 for a system with a good library (8-9 games I want) but I won't pay anymore than that for a console. Even at $499, a console needs some truly spectacular games out in order for me to consider paying that much.

Of course I do imagine that by the time the PS3 does have a library with games I actually want the price will be below $500 again and hopefully lower.