By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Eight Days Early game footage

its goes cancelled this game because of the eyepet

Around the Network

I watched it again and realize how stupid Sony is for giving up on this game. Wow.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Nothing here we havn't already seen. I am actually glad they went with Eye Pet in place of this game. Sony already has enough Hardcore games out and in production. Eyepet is somthing that will be fun to play with when I am not sucked into one of the dozens of AAA cinematic products coming out over the next year.

If they can come up with somthing I think this would be a good game to be episodic. If they just had it off to a less experianced dev at Sony and go that route I would deffinetly be interested. As far as SCE London goes they need to focus on great casual products. They have thee resources and the manpower to take on Nintendo by themselfs.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

EYE PET FTW!!!!
lol stupid sony

Respect for compans: SONY > NINTENDO >>>>>>>>>> MICROSOFT

Descent...

Around the Network

It would be cool to see some of the animation assets added to Uncharted 2

That looks crazy!  Much better than the cover systems in Uncharted and Gears.

From a post on NeoGAF:

Damn that looked like it could be a lot of fun!! I can't believe they canceled this game.

heres the description from the video

Quote:
Here is a quick capture from the Eight Days Animation Test Level, showing the basic navigation of the main character.

As Animation Director, it was my responsibility to design and implement the animation tools and pipeline with the goal of creating a fluid, yet responsive, animation system.

All rightsbelong to Sony Computer Entertainment Europe.

his comment on the game being cancled like TTP posted

Originally Posted by jimjager:
I think the official comment was that the London studio decided to shift its focus from 'hard core' games to 'lifestyle' games and that Eight Days did not fit into the budget for the next financial year.

To be honest, it would have been easier to accept it's cancellation if the game wasn't very good.

I looked on his profile and it looks like he's made a lot of games most recently EyePet... Thats fucking bullshit that they canceled this for a game like EyePet. Eight Days was looking good.

Here's his comment on the trailer...

Quote:
Eight Days was a coop based third person shooter, set to be released in the summer of 2009.

Unfortunately Sony cancelled the game in June 2008 and with it went two and a half years of my work.

fuck.

I was originally supportive of Sony's decision to cancel this game. After all, it seemed that all of Sony London's success came from the casual market. I didn't see the point in making more flops like the Getaway 1/2, when they've done so well with games like Singstar.

And then I saw this. It looks like Eight Days was on track to be a good game! :(

wow, animations were great. It's ridiculous how that put Uncharted to shame (cover system) and it got canceled....Hopefully they put some of the stuff they were working on in Eight Days on Uncharted 2...highly doubtful.

they canceled because it did not have any sort of online