By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why so much hate for Castlevania Judgement Art? (Eric looks good!)

@soriku

are u saying death note artists are judgement artists?

Around the Network

XDD lol Soriku..Death...doesn't look...agh..nvm it..

but yeah..I don't mind it looks great

and dib8rman hmm...I dunno dude..
there went some thinking into the game itself ofcourse..it's not all art

don't dismiss a good game on art only..like I did with LoZ:WW at first

arsenal009 said:
@soriku

are u saying death note artists are judgement artists?

the Death Note Mangaka is Takeshi Obata

and he's drawing the art for Castlevania: Judgement

also...he's not the creator of DeathNote..he worked for a writer

Takeshi Obata actual Manga is Hikaru no Go XDDD

anyway...not the Anime artists..the Manga artists

My point is the lack of a unique art direction on a game that's seemingly needing of one. (I can safely assume this because of well, the obvious changes in art we've seen so far) leads me to believe the game play or mechanics will be equally uninspired. Honestly I've had my fill of Japanese culture for one life time to be force fed it by yet another heavy Japanese culture title. This is kind of why Zelda is amazing to me, because it's a game from Japan that doesn't take a stand from any culture specifically, maybe European, but even then it's has it's own living breathing world. OF course I'm not expecting this to be a Zelda game, just saying that great games or at least memorable ones tend to have an obvious simplicity and express what they are about from the get go.

I'll check out a copy on rental.. 2nd thinking this purchase now.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

I'll still probably buy the damn thing, because I love Castlevania (I harbor a hope that Cornell from Legacy of Darkness will be in here somewhere), but the artist they had before? She was amazing. Arguably the best in the industry, with Amano as her only rival. This stuff is just awful in comparison.

The cultural disconnect is just awful.

Around the Network

yea Im not even going to bother with this game.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Okay most of the art didn't bother me because I'm used to male Castlevania characters looking effeminate but Eric looks like girl. I mean If I didn't know he was from Bloodlines I would swear he was girl.

I know absolutely nothing about the Castlevania series, so I won't comment on this game or how it relates to the franchise. Instead I'll just repost this picture

I think that silly looking stuff like this is the reason that a lot of japanese dev's are having trouble connecting with the West. Do you really expect the average gamer to look at this and NOT roll their eyes and walk on by?

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Stof, Eric is far worse. He looks like one of the male characters from Magna Carta. Yes, he looks that womanly. I mean it looks like he has breasts!?

XDDD it's okay guys..I don't hate the look though...it looks nice..and fresh

and I agree..miss Kojima was the best...but

I like this one more than the anime artist from the first 2 DS games..sorry

also..the creator seems to love the art for this game..or else he would fire this person..

I don't hate the art..and Eric looks like he has breasts because of the clothes he's wearing...

he could be older though....

and why hate on the game for the art?

seriously..the game sounds interesting.. I can't wait..unlike most of you guys