By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Konami trademarks Metal Gear Solid Existence

Dodece said:
Why has nobody yet drawn the logical conclusion in this thread. That this is the name of the rumored 360 port of Metal Gear Solid 4. That seems like the most logical of conclusions to me.

Nope. Every MGS has had extras following its original releases (PSOne MGS had the virtual missions later released).

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

Around the Network
Garcian Smith said:
Played_Out said:
Garcian Smith said:
That has to be one of the stupidest titles I've ever heard.

Next, they might as well go for, "Metal Gear Solid: Space-time," or maybe, "Metal Gear Solid in the Eighth Dimension."

It is not the title that is stupid. Your suggestions make it abundantly clear that you haven't even understood its significance.

Substance-Subsistence-Existence

Remember, it is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to post a forum comment and remove all doubt.

I understand exactly what they're going for, but that doesn't make it any less dopey-sounding.

The hate...

;)

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

Wonder what Konami will do to improve on MGS4, assuming this will be a limited release update like MGS3 Subsistence.

The fixed camera issue of Snake Eater was the biggest improvement. The extra DVD with MGO seemed to be the biggest selling point. It was also nice to include ports of MG and MG2 since most had never played the original MSX games.

But since the camera was already part of MGS4, as well as MGO, what else could they add?

Raiden missions? Theater mode? Theater mode doesn't seem possible, seeing as how MG4 relies upon installs for every act of the game and almost none of the cut scenes are pre-rendered.

If one thing could be fixed about MGS4, it would be the elimination of the installs between acts of the game, which just isn't conducive to letting the player jump around the game after they've finished it. I wouldn't care if it meant a 10GB install if those level installs could be eliminated.

Maybe an additional Existence movie disc of edited cut scenes like the one included in MGS3 Subsistence LE.

Or maybe it will be something entirely different.

MGS feature length movie?

Maybe its the name for the 360 port?

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

I'm gonna have to call shenanigans on it being a re-release.........

It doesn't have a "Sub" in its' name lol

Around the Network
greenmedic88 said:

Raiden missions?

Damn, that'd be awesome. It'd be like Seperate Ways/Assignment Ada in RE4, but it could play like an action game... they could call it Ninja Raiden :O!

Maybe a new Wii exclusive :) Metar Gear coming back to nintendo?!

but honestly it's either expansion to MGS4 or a PSP game.

i hope its a new game

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Dallinor said:
Garcian Smith said:
That has to be one of the stupidest titles I've ever heard.

Next, they might as well go for, "Metal Gear Solid: Space-time," or maybe, "Metal Gear Solid in the Eighth Dimension."

Clearly you haven't seen very many really stupid titles.

The 50 worst game titles.

Some of my favourites:

'Awesome Possom Kicks Dr. Machino's Butt' for the Genesis.

'Eggs of Steel: Charlie's Eggcellent Adventure' for the Playstation.

'Irritating Stick' for the Playstation.

'Nuts & Milk' for the NES.

Now those names, are just stupid.

CGI-Quality said:
For all those hoping for a port you will be sorely disappointed - as Kojima has stated this time and time again that MGS4 is remaining PS3 exclusive. You could just BUY A PS3 and then you can play the masterpiece that Playstation owners are playing: AND LOVING!!!!!!!!!

Mgs4 yeah, but Metal Gear Solid Existance does not have to =)

ot: Is MGS: Portable Ops any good?