By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wow, the 360 did TERRIBLE for a price cut.

crumas2 said:
Let's see, the 360 went from selling less than the PS3 WW, month after month, to selling approx. 40K more WW than the PS3 in one week, but it's still "doing terrible." What, exactly, does the 360 have to do to be considered a success?

It has to equal the sales of the Wii + DS combined.

Tease.

Around the Network

You'll never please Playstation 3 owners with an Xbox 360 price cut. What'd you expect? 500,000 units sold this week?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

I'm starting to think that Smashed expected the 360 to outsell the Wii due to being cheaper with the Arcade SKU. I guess the 360 did do "terrible."

Pixel Art can be fun.

crumas2 said:
Let's see, the 360 went from selling less than the PS3 WW, month after month, to selling approx. 40K more WW than the PS3 in one week, but it's still "doing terrible." What, exactly, does the 360 have to do to be considered a success?

considering now that its 200 dollars cheaper than a ps3.

Shadowblind said:

Smashed said:

A big price cut too, they still did terrible.. They could have done way better, but this is just my opinion.. PS3 still good considering no price cuts :) , no new games or anything, could have done better, but with the effect of the 360's price cut I understand why the PS3 sales are lower then usual.

Im sorry, but microsoft really failed this time.

Proof that there isn't much Microsoft can do to impress PS3 fanboys dissatisfied with their purchase. They didn't do near as well as they should, but they didn't fail.

Dissatisfied with my purchase? Now, why would i be dissatisfied? I love my PS3, and all my PS3's games. lol, im damn sure i made the right console choice.

Around the Network
mrstickball said:
You'll never please Playstation 3 owners with an Xbox 360 price cut. What'd you expect? 500,000 units sold this week?

Why do you have to put us ps3 owners into this?

We honestly dont care if the 360 got a price cut, it has nothing to do with us.

WHy do you have to attack us for no reason?

mM
RolStoppable said:
Yeah, the 360 is going to crash and burn from here on just like the poll we had here on VGC some weeks ago suggested. It's all over. Microsoft is going to launch the 720 in March 2009, right after they have paid off all third parties in the world to make games exclusively for them.

....And sold the rights to Halo and Fable out to Midway and Atari for all future itenerations.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Squilliam said:
crumas2 said:

It has to equal the sales of the Wii + DS combined.

i actually i was expecting to get close to the wii abit worldwide but that didn't happen either.

next week they lose japan, and things are again back to normal numbers.

First I heard -"360 wont sell more in Japan than PS3 or Wii any week, ever!".............. FAIL!

Second I heard -"Its about WW sales, 360 wont make up the difference in Others weekly!".......... FAIL!

Now it's - "360 sells twice as much as PS3 in America in one week, price cut is a failure!"........... FAIL!

CAN I GET SOME CONSISTENCY....PEOPLE.

360 is the Shizzzznittte!!!!!!!!!

leo-j said:
mrstickball said:

Why do you have to put us ps3 owners into this?

We honestly dont care if the 360 got a price cut, it has nothing to do with us.

WHy do you have to attack us for no reason?

I agree, i really couldn't care if they started giving the damn things away for free.