By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can the Wii save your life?

ssj12 said:
Bodhesatva said:
Haha, what a silly article. I agree, the Wii can cure cancer!

not cancer.. it will help cure the "being a lazy fat a**" disease that the US seems to have.

Actually it won't work. Lazy fatass kids aren't going to play this, their parents are going to buy them for them to play and then the kid is gonna say: 'what the shit? This isn't a game, this is a damn exercise board'.

So much for Nintendo innovation, Wii Sports was something new but this is an exercise board that anyone can get anywhere but for some reason they are going to get it on their Wii instead....

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

I read somewhere that PS3 was lending its core power when idle to help calculations on a disease or something like that. Has anybody else heard of this? That would be a true help for disease.

Punch Rockgroin said:
I was in a shoot out earlier this week. I managed to pick off three bank robbers with a dead guard's 9mm. Only the Wii could've trained my wrists to react so quickly and accurately. Imagine if I owned a PS3. Not only would I have tried to aim using my thumbs, but I probably would've been shocked at getting any force feedback from the gun at all.

Thank you Nintendo.

Great points as always. 

gorgepir said:
I read somewhere that PS3 was lending its core power when idle to help calculations on a disease or something like that. Has anybody else heard of this? That would be a true help for disease.

It's called folding@Home and it's very old news. Read up on it.

ckmlb said:
gorgepir said:

Yeah that was what I was talking about. Thanks

Around the Network
gorgepir said:
ckmlb said:
gorgepir said:

Yeah that was what I was talking about. Thanks

dang it. apparently, my sacasmn detection failed me.

Well as silly as some of the "facts" in this story are, it proves my point, Wii won E3 as far as the media is concerned, sure the gaming press may say one thing, but the press that most people will read will sing Nintendo's praises

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Avinash_Tyagi said:
Well as silly as some of the "facts" in this story are, it proves my point, Wii won E3 as far as the media is concerned, sure the gaming press may say one thing, but the press that most people will read will sing Nintendo's praises

That would be the case no matter what Nintendo did or Sony/MS did because Nintendo is the casual game maker.

ckmlb said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:

That would be the case no matter what Nintendo did or Sony/MS did because Nintendo is the casual game maker.

Which is why Wii wins

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

ckmlb said:
baddog992 said:
What cant the wii do?

You meet the nicest people playing a wii.

Yeah if you have the 1 online game that the Wii has in North America.

hahahhaa.  so true so true.

Here's a video from my band's last show Check out more (bigger) videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/icemanout