By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - If the October 2nd conference is for hardcore, then I have a theory...

OK, we know that Nintendo is having a conference on October 2nd, and there's undeniable proof. It also seems like Nintendo will announce hardcore games for 2009 because:

A) Bad responce from hardcore from E3

B) Nintendo has a tendency to want to please everyone, including the hardcore

So, I think that if hardcore games are released for next spring/summer, then I have a theory on their selling strategy. A trend is starting that hardcore games are released in the 1st half of the year (SSBB, Mario Kart Wii), and casual titles in the Christmas season (Animal Crossing, Wii Music). This will reveal the appeal to hardcore gamers during slower times of the year, so the smaller audience (hardcore) gets attention, so ther is no supply issues. Then when Christmas, and thus, a ton of Wiis, are in stock, the larger audience (casual) get attention, and Wii's aren't left on shelves.

Again, this only applies if the titles at the conference are hardcore, like F-Zero, or Zelda.

Please point out mistakes, so I can fix them.

Around the Network

Wow, my threads have been failing miserably lately.

Maybe but then again you have one failure, lease in NA wiis cant be seen any time of the year.

"Like you know"

E3 wasnt for hardcore in the first place anyway... And Ninty didnt do the conference just because of the reception in E3, they done this already last year...

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Well your random fat thread seems to be doing great lately. speaking of....

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

Around the Network

Nintendo doesn't believe in "hardcore" and "casual" stereotypes. If they make a game, they make it fun.  That's all they're interested in.

PC + Wii owners unite.  Our last-gen dying platforms have access to nearly every 90+ rated game this gen.  Building a PC that visually outperforms PS360 is cheap and easy.    Oct 7th 2010 predictions (made Dec 17th '08)
PC: 10^9
Wii: 10^8

They will probably just show off games they already had in production and weren't planing on showing until later but will give a sneak peak so people will stop "bitching" about them ditching the "hardcore" and about their horrible E3 show.

I hope so but since it's nintendo it's hard to know what their next move will be I hope kid Icarus is announce on october 2nd.

Do you actually think there's anything Nintendo could do to stop the haters? Seems to me people have made up their minds, and are going to find something to complain about no matter what.

PC + Wii owners unite.  Our last-gen dying platforms have access to nearly every 90+ rated game this gen.  Building a PC that visually outperforms PS360 is cheap and easy.    Oct 7th 2010 predictions (made Dec 17th '08)
PC: 10^9
Wii: 10^8

I hope they surprise us with something...