By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox 360 crushes the wii and Japan really bad!

I hardly think what they did was "crushing", but it was crazy awsome. Congrats to the Microsoft Japan team...I hope the cake isn't a lie.

Around the Network

Usual statement that will be written here a hundred times more:'You call that crushing?'

But at least I like it when the VG market becomes less forseeable. Long live the principle of competion. :)

Tempus fugit Nintendo manet.

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Member - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Regular - Pass 2k
Level 4 - Addicted - Pass 5k
Level 5 - Obsessed - Pass 10k
Level 6 - Old Guard - Pass 20k
Level 7 - Legend - Pass 50k
Level 8 - Demi-God - Pass 100k
Level 9 - God - Pass 250k
Level 10 - Zeus - Pass 500k

New Table:

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Rookie - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Padawan - Pass 10k
Level 4 - Sea Dog - Pass 25k
Level 5 - Captain - Pass 50k
Level 6 - Agent - Pass 100k
Level 7 - Elite - Pass 175k
Level 8 - Hero - Pass 250k
Level 9 - Legend - Pass 500k
Level 10 - Titan - Pass 1 Million

jpain333 said:
you call a 100 difference crushing?

36 fanboys need to take what they can get in Japan.

Though, I'm not quite sure how the 360 'crushed' Japan...

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Okay this is getting silly now and I feel the need to let some of the air out the tires...

1 - A statistical tie is not 'crushing'

2 - last week 360 did less than 900, therefore this week's 30,000 includes probably 8,000 to 10,000 sales from last week, meaning this week's true (underlying sales) for 360 were actually more like 22,000 maybe 24,000 max

3 - given 2) its therefore very likely you're going to see a big drop next week, probably down to 10,000 at best dropping back to 3K to 5K thereafter

4 - next week Wii will beat 360 and assuming ES delivers even a modest boost PS3 may well too

5 - if the 360 needs a price cut, an exclusive game, excessive pent up demand due to being out of stock the week before and a slow week for its competitors to gain a statistical tie its not really looking that good is it?

It's nice to see unexpected events like this, and I don't ant to pour cold water down collars... but let's keep some perspective at least.

Or to put it another way the Wii overtook the 360 Worldwide in a fraction of 360's time on market and despite 360 having an early run at the market with no other new console to compete with... that's crushing.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Duplicate thread, also crushed isn't the word I would use...
http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=42155

Around the Network

Remember how quickly PS3 sales dropped in Japan after selling 70k when MGS4 was released? Yeah....

Some of the guys on this website need to get jobs in mainstream media, judging by some of the thread titles we've been getting lately. "Crushes"?