By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - It's a Beautiful Thing

......First post here a VG, normally i'm over at Gamespot but i saw this site mentioned in a few threads there and decided to check out what VG's sales chartz are all about. Great site, but, one thing i've noticed over the past few months is that the forums seem to weigh heavily towards the 'anit-microsoft' crowd. Caught me by surprise at first because the only thing i had to compare it to were the boards over at Gamespot, which, although not without their fair share of nonsensical, irrational fanboys, generally seemed to be divided evenly between the three console's owner's/fans. Here though, it definitely seems like there's a whole lot more of the 'PS3 > 360' types and the only logical explanation i can come up with is this: you goofy PS3 guys werent' getting your egos properly stroked by the editorial staff and regular forum posters over at Gamespot. So, allot of you appeared to move en masse over to VG where your silly little predictions on the ultimate demise and eventuall third place finish of the 360 would find a friendlier reception among a common crowd.

Guess what prompted me to sign up and type this post were the sales figures for this week over in Japan. It's one of the more beautiful things in life to witness the arrogant, dismissive and stubbornly unobjective individuals in the world get totally blindsided by truth and common sense, especially in these forums. It satisfies me to no end watching all of your rabid PS3 sales posts explode in your face, if only becuase there is absolutely no reason to live life like some mindless sheep and decidely plant yourself in one camp in lieu of another. There all great systems, what exactly do you gain by fanatically sticking to only one?

Also, if you've followed Japanese buying trends at all over the years, you'd know that they have this 'bandwagon' purchasing mentality; if something gets hot, it's gonna stay hot. Don't expect the 360 to cool off anytime soon. It's certainly not going to beat out the Wii week after week, but I do think your mighty PS3 is in some definite trouble.

Enjoy those posts guys, hope they taste as well getting served back to you as they did when you first put them out there.

Around the Network

Who has the popcorn?

Former something....

Yeah...and you're totally unbiased.

""Also, if you've followed Japanese buying trends at all over the years, you'd know that they have this 'bandwagon' purchasing mentality; if something gets hot, it's gonna stay hot.""

==> yeah

but do you realize it means if something is cold, then no one is gonna buy it ??

and you know what ?

In japn, xbox360 looks very very "cold" since almost 3 years ...

Time to Work !

libellule said:
""Also, if you've followed Japanese buying trends at all over the years, you'd know that they have this 'bandwagon' purchasing mentality; if something gets hot, it's gonna stay hot.""

==> yeah

but do you realize it means if something is cold, then no one is gonna buy it ??

and you know what ?

In japn, xbox360 looks very very "cold" since almost 3 years ...

Like this week, right?

OT: Yes, PS3 fanboys outweigh the Wii fanboys which HEAVILY outwiegh the 360 fanboys here. Its common knowledge, but you had the guts to say it. You don't find that very often. 

Heactually doesn't seem biased one way or the other, at least not with this post. The only thing I can tell certain about this guy is he is sick of the PS3 IS TEH PERFECTION XBOTS SUX SONY IS PWNZOR!!!!!1111 going on here. For all we know he could be a Wii fanboy.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Around the Network

Welcome to the site!

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

^^ There are as much if not more Wii fanboys than PS3 fanboys and Xbox 360 fanboys put together.

cool48 said:
^^ There are as much if not more Wii fanboys than PS3 fanboys and Xbox 360 fans put together.

Your probably right, but I haven't seen as much of them as I have PS3 fanboys. I usually hang out in the Microsoft and Gaming forums, and thats where they usually seem to be. Wii fanboys must just stick to the ninty forums, otherwise there are a good bit more Sony fanboys then Ninty ones.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

There are more Wii fans than PS3 fanboys. But more PS3 fanboys than Wii fanboys.

If you want biased forum postings, I see that *about* 60% of them are usually caused by Sony fans.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Welcome to the site, and it's nice to see someone new post, I guess. I won't comment on your post because I will no doubt be attacked by Sony-fanboys XD

I'll just stay with my Nintendo-stuff ^^