By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why didn't I invest in Majesco?

Stupid, greedy me!!!! I was waiting for Majesco to fall a little more to get in. I was planning to get in at $1.45. It came close but never got there. It was floating around the $1.48 level for a while.

Now it's at friggen $2.35...AAARRRRGGGHHH!!!!!

I need to find some other small companies focused on Nintendo development. Any ideas? I want to stay ahead of the curve. 

Around the Network

Atlus?

Altus? Are they public? Symbol?

Oops, found it:

http://finance.google.com/finance?q=JSD%3A7866

Thanks!

They're the Trauma Center people, hehe.

I charge a 5% fee on all earnings. ;>

Crap, I don't think they have an ADR.

Around the Network

well, for me, i actually sold all my majesco stocks. at 1.60.

damn.

the Wii is an epidemic.

i still don't like this company though; i'm still very doubtful about its products. can it really make 2-3 million a year? but at least they'll be staying afloat.

the Wii is an epidemic.

Lingyis said:
i still don't like this company though; i'm still very doubtful about its products. can it really make 2-3 million a year? but at least they'll be staying afloat.

That's why I wanted to get in cheap

it traded at a low of 1.2-1.3 for a while...

i bought in january, sold all positions last month, with trades in between. probably lost a little bit. should have trusted my own analysis.

i sold because i realized this is fundamentally a company that's not meant to develop video games. the Wii/DS phenomenon will help it a lot, but i'd rather buy a slightly overpriced fundamentally sound company in a thriving business than a fairly priced fundamentally unsound company in the same thriving business.

it's a micro cap; its stock price can move up or down 20% a day on no news. i don't have so much time for that to take advantage of those fluctuations. being long on a stock as risky as this is very difficult; you need to put in a lot of effort, making sure you get all the facts right.

in fact, it's because of majesco i joined this forum.

that being said, it's still only $50 mln market cap company (as opposed to almost getting delisted by Nasdaq earlier this year).

i was disappointed that they actually are gonna publish an XBox 360 game. that samarai game or something... to me that is a sign that they lack focus. the Wii Blast game looks fun though.

if in the long run, they can develop a brand for casual gamers, good. however, i don't trust their management have that kind of expertise.

you can still hit a home run--this is the kind of stock you can potentially get a 10 bagger. hence the lure.

the Wii is an epidemic.

It looked like it was settling on a range for a while. What got me interested was the NYT crossword game. I wasn't sure about they company, but it seemed like they had enough stuff to take a flyer on.