By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - White Knight Story to be unexpectedly innovative ?

LEVEL 5 (L)

i have played tons of it games and they always deliver.
i hope they release a english version soon enough though...

Around the Network

Woo baby! This looks great!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Man... I can't wait for this game =(

I've played all Level-5's games... All of them have delivered, they revived the DQ series and brought it to the mainstream worldwide (8 is the 2nd best DQ title - after DQ3 - and 4th best game of all time according to the Japanese, it was praised worldwide and it was the first game in the main series released in Europe), they brought with SCEJ the awesome Dark Cloud series, the great story that is Jeanne d' Arc and the critically acclaimed Rogue Galaxy, the Professor Layton titles are so good that Nintendo is putting their money to release them on this side of the planet, and from what i'm seeing, they will release Inazuma Eleven here also (fingers crossed)

That's why i don't have a doubt that Level-5 will deliver once again with this JRPG

I'm going to guess that the surprising aspect is online co-op play.

Around the Network

The game looks amazing but I'm concerned about how the gameplay will pan out. I read an interview that said they plan to make it easy enough where you only have to push 1 button over and over to kill enemeys. That doesn't sound too fun and might get old really fast.

This game ISN'T a japanese rpg btw so please stop thinking it is or when you buy it you will be horribly dissapointed. It's real time rpg sorta like FF12 I think. Just youtube a video of it.

Well, if one wishes to find out what it is about, you should start listing things that the PS does differently to the Xbox (as I think they won't compare to the wii anyway).

- PSN
- connection to PSP
- so-called prowess of the cell being used

papflesje said:
Well, if one wishes to find out what it is about, you should start listing things that the PS does differently to the Xbox (as I think they won't compare to the wii anyway).

- PSN
- connection to PSP

It's just size of the game. WKC was originally planned for a launch release but Level 5 stated that they wanted to make the game longer. They don't consider a game an RPG unless it has at least 50 hours of gameplay so they told Sony that they needed more time and went to go extend expansive levels/story/gameplay hours. I really wish I could find the interview as my source but I really forgot where I read the article lol.

hasnt this interview been posted like 3 times now in the last 24 hours

SickleSigh said:
papflesje said:

- PSN
- connection to PSP

It's just size of the game. WKC was originally planned for a launch release but Level 5 stated that they wanted to make the game longer. They don't consider a game an RPG unless it has at least 50 hours of gameplay so they told Sony that they needed more time and went to go extend expansive levels/story/gameplay hours. I really wish I could find the interview as my source but I really forgot where I read the article lol.

So it's just "blu-ray"?

Hmmm, disappointing if true.  I hope for their sake that this isn't what they are announcing "only possible on PS3 because of the size", because frankly, I doubt gamers really care for the particular disc...