By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What games to but this chrismas

I own a wii and a 360 and i was wondering if i had to choose bettwen 4 games on both systems combined what should i get?

I enjoied oblivion, gears of war, mass effect, and i dont have it yet but i love Super Smash Bros Brawl.

I love games that will give me a challange and games that are long.

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

Around the Network

I suggest you but some DS games, as they're smaller and less likely to hurt.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

you wish for edit title feature for times like this hahaha

on-topic, i would go for gears 2, fable 2, TOS2 if you like rpg, and warioland

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434
stof said:
I suggest you but some DS games, as they're smaller and less likely to hurt.

Best reply ever.

OT: Wii: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Guitar Hero: World Tour - Call Of Duty: World At War - Wario Land: Shakie It

I dont know much about the 360 so Ill leave that for someone else.

would it be better to get Force Unleashed on wii or 360?

Around the Network

You may like Condemned (based on a few games in your collection). It's a great horror game, most people play the sequel which was pretty bad compared to the first one. You have to find pipes/bars etc. to fight in lots of dark locations such as subways which are absolutely brilliantly designed and feel almost real. The best atmospehere in a game in a long time.

Hitman: Blood Money could be a good one, too. I didn't like 1 or 2 but this is great. Everything works smoothly, it looks great and is very fun. However, there isn't a whole lot to do once you've completed it. It should be fairly cheap, though.

Bioshock is a Sci-Fi FPS, which you have a lot of so you might like that. It makes a nice difference having an art-deco style, rather than the generic metal moon base. Rapture is truly amazing in places. If you like to get into a story this can be as deep as you want it to be. It has a lot of underlying political themes and questions, but also offers some fun gunplay along the way, with lots of things to find.

The Orange Box. Absolute bargain. Worth if for Portal alone. Half Life 2 Episode 1 and 2 are brilliant. Half Life 2 is probably the weakest game in the box, but has a metascore of 96, I think. Personally, I just like the episodes more. Team Fortress 2 is amazing, however I've only played the PC version.

World At War actually looks much better than Generic WWII FPS #00698. I would get that on Wii if I could resist massive online PC games.

Gears of wars 2 and fable 2.

Noolsey said:
You may like Condemned (based on a few games in your collection). It's a great horror game, most people play the sequel which was pretty bad compared to the first one. You have to find pipes/bars etc. to fight in lots of dark locations such as subways which are absolutely brilliantly designed and feel almost real. The best atmospehere in a game in a long time.

Hitman: Blood Money could be a good one, too. I didn't like 1 or 2 but this is great. Everything works smoothly, it looks great and is very fun. However, there isn't a whole lot to do once you've completed it. It should be fairly cheap, though.

Bioshock is a Sci-Fi FPS, which you have a lot of so you might like that. It makes a nice difference having an art-deco style, rather than the generic metal moon base. Rapture is truly amazing in places. If you like to get into a story this can be as deep as you want it to be. It has a lot of underlying political themes and questions, but also offers some fun gunplay along the way, with lots of things to find.

The Orange Box. Absolute bargain. Worth if for Portal alone. Half Life 2 Episode 1 and 2 are brilliant. Half Life 2 is probably the weakest game in the box, but has a metascore of 96, I think. Personally, I just like the episodes more. Team Fortress 2 is amazing, however I've only played the PC version.

World At War actually looks much better than Generic WWII FPS #00698. I would get that on Wii if I could resist massive online PC games.

Yeah i will have to look into those games. Thanks for the imput

We'll need to know a lot more about your tastes before we can give you good answers. That said, if you liked Oblivion, try Fallout 3 (360). Guitar Hero: World Tour looks more and more awesome by the day, and you already have a guitar controller for your Wii, so it'll be fairly cheap. Gears of War II is the obvious answer if you enjoyed the original.

If you're going to get Force Unleashed (and judging from all the reviews, you may not want to...) then ask yourself if you prefer high graphics for the wow factor, or the extra levels and multiplayer mode. Whichever you pick will be the version you pick up.

Finally, if you're okay with going back to some games you missed, and you liked GTA IV you can try Crackdown (360) or Bully (preferably Wii because of the motion controls).

Again though, it'd be helpful if you told us what genres or games you're interested in...

noname2200 said:
We'll need to know a lot more about your tastes before we can give you good answers. That said, if you liked Oblivion, try Fallout 3 (360). Guitar Hero: World Tour looks more and more awesome by the day, and you already have a guitar controller for your Wii, so it'll be fairly cheap. Gears of War II is the obvious answer if you enjoyed the original.

If you're going to get Force Unleashed (and judging from all the reviews, you may not want to...) then ask yourself if you prefer high graphics for the wow factor, or the extra levels and multiplayer mode. Whichever you pick will be the version you pick up.

Finally, if you're okay with going back to some games you missed, and you liked GTA IV you can try Crackdown (360) or Bully (preferably Wii because of the motion controls).

Again though, it'd be helpful if you told us what genres or games you're interested in...

Ok i will fix that and thanks for  the ideas