By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Warhammer Online: Social/Guild Thread

I decided to take the plunge and waste my life (once again) and buy another MMORPG game, and so I decided to pre-order Warhammer Online. Anyways, many game-related websites have created guilds for these MMO games in the past and I thought that VGChartz could use one.

What I was thinking is that (if there is enough interest) we could pick two servers (one for each faction) and create a guild on each server where anyone who wants to can join up and play togther.

Around the Network

probably not the place to type this but....i am on the fence with this game. i have played ffxi and loved it, i actually still play it, do you think i will enjoy warhammer? looks good so far, but i have never played any warhammer type games (one of the main reasons i dont like/play WoW, never played and WoW type games, and i just dont like how it plays)

i am trying to find a new and improved mmo to waste my life on from time to time and i was thinking about warhammer, can you tell me whats cool about it?

I (honestly) don't know that much about it myself ...

Up until a week ago I didn't really pay attention to it because of how similar to WoW it appears to be; I really did enjoy WoW but I don't really ever want to do an end-game raid ever again. What interests me about the game is it seems like Mythic took the concept of battlegrounds from WoW (which I hear were practically stolen from Guild Wars) to the next logical level.

Other things I have heard, which will be the main things I check out, is there was an effort to greatly reduce the punishment of playing certain classes (like a healer) in order to make the game more enjoyable for all.

I would get it buy it simply annoys me when they charge me 50$ for the game and then an additional 15$ every month. Make me pay either the initial fee or monthly fee not both. I liked Guild Wars system of having a lot of expansions which would provide the company with cash while allowing people not willing to pay to continue enjoy the content they have already paid for.

Another thing is the time commitment for any mmorpg, i really wish they would stop making mmorpgs a never ending grind and just give me some fun.

Also, this is not 40k. If this was Warhammer 40k then this would most likely a first day purchase. Sci-fi>fantasy and Warhammer40k>>>>>>Warhammer Fantasy. I liked that in 40k there was no set good or evil, everyone had their objectives and would do anything to accomplish them. I would not even consider Orks evil because they are simply insane and have to satisfy their bloodlust somehow.

Proud owner of the following gaming devices:

PC, XBox 360, Wii, PS2, DS, PS3

HappySqurriel said:

I (honestly) don't know that much about it myself ...

Up until a week ago I didn't really pay attention to it because of how similar to WoW it appears to be; I really did enjoy WoW but I don't really ever want to do an end-game raid ever again. What interests me about the game is it seems like Mythic took the concept of battlegrounds from WoW (which I hear were practically stolen from Guild Wars) to the next logical level.

Other things I have heard, which will be the main things I check out, is there was an effort to greatly reduce the punishment of playing certain classes (like a healer) in order to make the game more enjoyable for all.

Wow's concept of BGs date back since the release of the game if not before it, they didn't steal anything from Guild Wars.

As for Warhammer, I don't know if I can take another MMORPG and the time that comes with it. And dear god I've had to deend oW a lot today evetnthough I havent seen the gaem in over a year.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Around the Network

This is all that needs to be said: You can level and gear up doing nothing but RvR.

I'll be starting retail Thursday, it's nice to have an MMO that doesn't make you grind or farm before you can actually have fun. It's the first MMO I've played where I wasn't always looking at the next level but actually enjoying the moment I'm playing.

RvR is just great. It encourages team work on the PvP side much better than any previous MMO, it reminds me a lot of TF2 in MMO form. Also, all classes are balanced taking into account PvP first and foremost, PvE is nothing more than an afterthought. As far as BGs, the lone review on game rankings said it best: they put WoW BGs to shame.

It won't be a WoW killer, but all of the PvPers who have been marginalized over the years will move over to Warhammer, I imagine it'll be the PvP game while WoW will be pigeonholed as the PvE game. I think they'll both co-exist pretty peacefully since one doesn't care about PvP and the other doesn't care about PvE. Another interesting bonus to this is that there is much more emphasis placed on playing with your side than playing against the other side so it's a lot less antagonistic than WoW's PvP.

Also as far as Guild Wars vs WoW, it was created by ex WoW developers, most of whom were unhappy about the state of PvP in that game.

Anyway, Warhammer kicks some major ass if you like PvP and don't like the boring tedium of other MMOs; it does a very good job of getting rid of a lot of the stuff like farming and grinding.

cAPSLOCK said:
This is all that needs to be said: You can level and gear up doing nothing but RvR.

I'll be starting retail Thursday, it's nice to have an MMO that doesn't make you grind or farm before you can actually have fun. It's the first MMO I've played where I wasn't always looking at the next level but actually enjoying the moment I'm playing.

RvR is just great. It encourages team work on the PvP side much better than any previous MMO, it reminds me a lot of TF2 in MMO form. Also, all classes are balanced taking into account PvP first and foremost, PvE is nothing more than an afterthought. As far as BGs, the lone review on game rankings said it best: they put WoW BGs to shame.

It won't be a WoW killer, but all of the PvPers who have been marginalized over the years will move over to Warhammer, I imagine it'll be the PvP game while WoW will be pigeonholed as the PvE game. I think they'll both co-exist pretty peacefully since one doesn't care about PvP and the other doesn't care about PvE. Another interesting bonus to this is that there is much more emphasis placed on playing with your side than playing against the other side so it's a lot less antagonistic than WoW's PvP.

Also as far as Guild Wars vs WoW, it was created by ex WoW developers, most of whom were unhappy about the state of PvP in that game.

Anyway, Warhammer kicks some major ass if you like PvP and don't like the boring tedium of other MMOs; it does a very good job of getting rid of a lot of the stuff like farming and grinding.

With this one line you have increased my interest in the game immensely.

You'll be pleasantly surprised at how well they pull this off.

Go kill people all day in scenarios, xp to hit level, enough renown to get gear, and more than enough cash to buy it.  All the time in beta and I never once felt like I was grinding. Actually you get more xp doing PvP than PvE

cAPSLOCK said:

You'll be pleasantly surprised at how well they pull this off.

Go kill people all day in scenarios, xp to hit level, enough renown to get gear, and more than enough cash to buy it.  All the time in beta and I never once felt like I was grinding. Actually you get more xp doing PvP than PvE

I hope you are happy because after doing more research, I am going to join two of my friends playing the game tomorrow. Maybe I will be able to convert a WoW friend of mine.

See you in WAR! I hope you really like it. I'll be playing Order on Skull Throne and Destruction on Azazel. Not sure on live names yet, but I'll post em when I have em.