By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Possible situation this Christmas

No, if someone wants a wii, they want a wii (no joke intended) i cant see some one getting a 360 when they want a wii mostly because of the wii's individuality

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups 

Around the Network
z101 said:
Mander said:
Commando said:
Yeah I think it's very possible. When someone has decided to buy something like this for a loved one, they have pretty much made up their mind. When it comes to pass that they can't get one, the next logical step will be "Well at least I'll get him some kind of GAME? How much different can they be" (--*shudder.

Exactly, thats the point...U get it.

The people wants a Wii with Wii-Sports. They know exactly what they want. You all seem to think that most people are dumb as ass.

Most people are you must be forgetting that the average IQ is 90-109 and 16 percent of the world population is 80-89 only about 25 percent of people are above average. So that means 75 percent of people are either normal or stupid. With some people this would never happen (buying a 360 instead of a Wii) but with the generation gap between parents and children yes it could happen. Haven't you asked your mom to get you something at Mcdonalds only to be surprised you got something completely different? (My mom is bad at english so that's probably why...)

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

Mander said:

Hey guys!

I was thinking...Wii was sold out the last two christmas season and was imposible to found one in any store...

if it happen again this christmas...do you guys thinks, that with the recently price cut for the xbox 360, the people that don't find any Wii in store, would buy and Xbox 360 arcade or any other SKU?

Its funny reading these posts because the attitude is clearly that the pro-360 crowd thinks this is exactly what is going to happen.  What I find funny is that if you really think that 360 will get a noticable number of sales this way, then you must think it got a noticable number of sales this way last year (price was higher, but there were fewer wiis). And to say that xbox sales are dependent on the supply of wiis, is another way of saying that the first year Nintendo has supply to match demand the 360 is going to crash.

(note: I don't think xbox sales are going to crash as soon as Nintendo meets demand, because I think the number of people buying an xbox when they wanted a wii are statistically insignificant)

Remember that if a Wii can't be found will the parents consider themselves? This is the first Christmas of Blu-ray not having HD DVD around.
RabidBunny

hatmoza 2.0 said:
Wii power !!!!

isn't that an oxymoron?