By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metroid Prime vs. God of War vs. Halo Combat Evolved

Which do you feel this is the better game of last generation?

Me? Metroid Prime, hands down.

EDIT: This topic is dedicated to Toastboy who seems to like making these types of threads.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network

Metroid Prime changed the whole way people looked at FPS games, and showed that it was possible to create a huge world with different environments to revisit and stuff.

God of War recreated the whole 3D beat 'em up genre by adding an intensive storyline, and making active-time events appear more often than any other game before that (for the best, or worst). Also, let's not forget some RPG elements, such as weapon upgrades, etc.

Halo: Combat Evolved was the first ''feature-heavy'' FPS game on consoles, adding vehicles, various grenade types, co-op play, an impressive soundtrack, etc.

It's too hard to answer.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

God of War. Halo's campaign put me to sleep, and I've never played Metroid Prime in my life.

Metroid Prime.

My answer is obvious.

Around the Network

Metroid Prime was the most polished game of last generation, excellent pacing, perfect difficulty, and pretty much invented a genre.

Mmm of those 3, even though i like all of them....i have to say God of War is my favorite.

Metroid....was better in 2-D IMO. I hope nintendo releases a new Super Metroid in 2-D in the wiiware, that would be sweet.

Halo its good....for multiplayer. Thats the only thing i like to play in that game.

But God Of War was sweet, incredible game. Best game in the ps2, and in sony consoles.

HALO

Hmm, depends. Quality wise I would give it to Metroid Prime with God of War a close second. If we're talking about influence and impact on the industry, Halo by a country mile.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

The_vagabond7 said:
Hmm, depends. Quality wise I would give it to Metroid Prime with God of War a close second. If we're talking about influence and impact on the industry, Halo by a country mile.

Quality.

Pixel Art can be fun.