By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Anyone else completely underwhelmed by new Metal Gear Solid 4 trailer?

CameronHall1 said:
Celb u idiot im not no fanboy. Its MY HONEST OPINION. MGS 4 looks pretty good but they need to improve ghe texturing in spots. Bioshock, Ratchet and Call Of Duty 4 all look amazing

Cam you idiot my comment is directed at legand11, apperantly you are since you took it so seriously.  Must have hit a nerve.

Around the Network

Ok, just saw the trailer... It's cinematic and everything, but I wasn't impressed :/

Also, the graphics... meh, I think it lacks a higher poly count and better effects... but thats IMO

To me mgs4 never looked good graphicly, but in terms on gameplay I cannot comment since I have never played a mgs4 game.

mM

MGS was always about style, story, atmosphere and gameplay. The graphics are excellent - not up with the "best" from this generation, but that's irrelevant. The game looks cool.

BTW - the best gfx/trailer I have seen from the show is the RE5 trailer. Those facial expressions alone will probably haunt me for months...

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

character models were great, lighting was good, environments were iffy and bloom... well coulda used more of that.
I bet we'll see a big difference during TGS or even the 17th.  Either way the graphics didn't suck, but i think coulda and IS going to be better.

Around the Network

Yeah, I was underwhelmed by one of the best looking games ever. Omg. It was actual gameplay, and it looked fantastic. As for your criticism about the dialogue: it's an interactive movie and it's the best ever done each time.

Killzone 2, MGS4, CoD4, UT3 are among the best looking games this year. I'd say Killzone 2 looked the best because it looked almost as good as the target trailer. However, I'd say they all look better than Gears of War at this point.

Oh, I forgot Uncharted. Add that to my list. I probably forgot others. Going to read the E3 thread now...

My bad Celb

To me Uncharted grahics looks fantastiv but im not feeling the jungle environment though. Im still buying it since Im a fan of Naughty Dog games

Could someone provide me a working link to the trailer? Preferably something that doesn't involve streaming it to my computer through Windows Media Player like the .asx file kept doing.

From what I've heard it looks nice, but suffers from the "cut scenes full of awesome moves you never actually get to perform in-game" pet peevee of myself and a lot of other people.

I was underwhelmed only because I'm not a fan of the MGS series. However, I thought it looked good (not the best though) and if I had any idea who the people in the trailer were or what was going on 'm pretty sure I would have been psyched by it.