By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dragon Quest IV DS

So this awesome game was released yesterday in Europe ( 5 language in the cart ) and will be released next 15th September in North America.

Be sure to pick it up if you like JRPG.

Trailer:

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

Around the Network

I'll be getting it. The only main series Dragon Quest I've played was Viii. I loved it so I'm getting all of the remakes and IX.

Bahh I haven't even finished FF4 yet

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Yeah me too I have to finish FF4 with the best equipment before I buy this game. But DQ4 is one of the best of the franchise so it's clear that I will buy it soon.

Looks amazing! And reminds me to "Las Aventuras de Fly", I'll probably get it.

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

Around the Network

I recently finished FFTA2 and FFIV (both really awesome games) and currently playing Jean d'Arc. As soon as I finish that one, DQIV is mine.

The seperate chapter - character set aspect of the game really makes me look forward to playing this. Great times to be a DS owner. Oh, and shortly after, Castlevania Order of Ecclesia...

* faints *

SE sure like their remakes

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

RolStoppable said:
I'll pass because I have been disappointed by most Square-Enix games in the last years. Since Dragon Quest VIII (which wasn't a disappointment) had tons of random encounters, I assume DQ IV won't be any different and currently I can't be bothered to play an RPG where I spend the majority of playtime in battles.

Most JRPGs these days are more about story than battles(Atleast from what I came tell)

I got an erection. Really, the old schoolness of this game is making me horny. I am a retro freak.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

RolStoppable said:
I'll pass because I have been disappointed by most Square-Enix games in the last years. Since Dragon Quest VIII (which wasn't a disappointment) had tons of random encounters, I assume DQ IV won't be any different and currently I can't be bothered to play an RPG where I spend the majority of playtime in battles.

It is a remake of the Nes game. Considering that the Psx remake never go a english release I must get this one. It is more of a Enix game, so there is still hope. It is pretty hard to screw old school gaming. But you are right about random encounters. Avoid this if don`t have time for a grindfest.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."