By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 2009: The Wii finally comes of age

@Dystopian Delight

I find it easier to just add

In my opinion or a ^_^ end of my post if thats the case, saves a lot of heart ache, plus I don't recieve a ban hammer when I add ^_^ then a certain special someone knows I'm joking. ^_^

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Around the Network
Dystopian Delight said:
vaio said:
Dystopian Delight said:
Wii panders to casuals, Nintendo knows that their bread and butter has always been first parties, and they marketed last gen hardware with motion controls. Before the Wii was released I told everyone that the Wii would dominate this generation and it would usher innovation and new enterprises. I bought the Wii and returned it one week later because it wasn't what Nintendo advertised to me, however to all the casual players and parents who expected and demanded less it was perfect.

Of all my gamer friends the only non first party Nintendo game that I know any of them have is Trauma Center. All the parents and casuals I have seen buy it only have Wii sports and perhaps another sports game or one of the good first party titles. Everyone of them I know hardly uses them except for busting out brawl.

If the motion+ is used correctly and sensibly in 09 then I will Purchase and keep the Wii. I have been a gamer since atari 2600 and the Wii currently does not satiate my gamer appetite especially considering I have had every main console every generation(except saturn) and gaming PCs along the way.

To be brutally honest the people touting the Wii as the best this gen has to offer and denouncing the HD consoles/pc gaming are young ones. It's no suprise that almost all the HD consoles owners are older almost always of legal age while Wii fans are younger still in junior high/beginning highschool and It really does explain why the Wii sells so well.

Tl;dr I'll get and keep a Wii in 09 if motion+ delivers on what the Wii promised at launch.

21 years old only but still somehowe you managed to play all consoles? Either you are lying about your age or you are lying about playing all consoles.

I on the other hand have played all of the consoles from atari, vectrex,Nes etc I am in what you call the older concole owner and I do own one of the two HD consoles soon both.

I still think the true next gen (better graphics is not next gen) gaming experience is the Wii only and will continue to expand on this experience while the other two will contimue to  offer the traditional experience.

So I am going to do what real hardcore gamers do experience all of the gaming possibilities at hand and let the bickering of the Wii to intolerant HD fanboys like you that hate the Wii and would like to take away that experience from those who actually like it because you for some reason don´t like it.  

actually I am 23, I don't hate the Wii as much as being severely disappointed my whole post pretty much summed up that if the Wii would have came with basically motion+ from the start I would have been happy with it. And while I somewhat agree graphics don't make the gen neither do cumbersome controls and if Wii will get it right with Motion+ then i'll concede that's the next generation. 

Btw How is forming my opinion intolerant? I don't chastize any of my friends for owning a Wii in fact I trade consoles very often with friends. Iv'e played super mario, zelda, brawl, trauma center, strikers, warioland, monkeyball, metal slug(hate the shaking for grenades) and I am dying to play MP3 but have to get MP2 done. SO OBVIOUSLY I can't really hate the Wii and still play those games unless I am just some crazy sick masochist.

And last Would you like a list of consoles I owned? atari 2600,Nes,Genesis,Snes,PS,64,dreamcast,ps2,xbox.gamecube,ps3,360(till brother moved out)Wii(till returned) and before you bring up neo geo/jaguar I said main systems always the big 2/3.

See my problem was I thought I could just post how I feel about something related to the topic and the post content in the topic but I forgot coming from the main page that this would be in the Nintendo forum so whatever I have to say that isn't a glowing endorsement for Wii is considered a biased ill informed attack of which I couldn't possibly have any true opinions other then to mindlessly bash the Wii.

You are allowed to have an opinion no mutter what it is but don´t present it as fact if you don´t want to be confronted.

I still don´t belive you have experience gaming as early as atari considering your age.

The Wii´s controlls are next gen, they might not be perfect but they will get there and if you tell the truth about your gaming experiences then you would know that back then the controllers weren´t perfect either.

To expect perfect controlls even though it hasn´t been done on this level before is just asking to much things can only progress one step at the time.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

vaio said:
Dystopian Delight said:
vaio said:
Dystopian Delight said:
Wii panders to casuals, Nintendo knows that their bread and butter has always been first parties, and they marketed last gen hardware with motion controls. Before the Wii was released I told everyone that the Wii would dominate this generation and it would usher innovation and new enterprises. I bought the Wii and returned it one week later because it wasn't what Nintendo advertised to me, however to all the casual players and parents who expected and demanded less it was perfect.

Of all my gamer friends the only non first party Nintendo game that I know any of them have is Trauma Center. All the parents and casuals I have seen buy it only have Wii sports and perhaps another sports game or one of the good first party titles. Everyone of them I know hardly uses them except for busting out brawl.

If the motion+ is used correctly and sensibly in 09 then I will Purchase and keep the Wii. I have been a gamer since atari 2600 and the Wii currently does not satiate my gamer appetite especially considering I have had every main console every generation(except saturn) and gaming PCs along the way.

To be brutally honest the people touting the Wii as the best this gen has to offer and denouncing the HD consoles/pc gaming are young ones. It's no suprise that almost all the HD consoles owners are older almost always of legal age while Wii fans are younger still in junior high/beginning highschool and It really does explain why the Wii sells so well.

Tl;dr I'll get and keep a Wii in 09 if motion+ delivers on what the Wii promised at launch.

21 years old only but still somehowe you managed to play all consoles? Either you are lying about your age or you are lying about playing all consoles.

I on the other hand have played all of the consoles from atari, vectrex,Nes etc I am in what you call the older concole owner and I do own one of the two HD consoles soon both.

I still think the true next gen (better graphics is not next gen) gaming experience is the Wii only and will continue to expand on this experience while the other two will contimue to  offer the traditional experience.

So I am going to do what real hardcore gamers do experience all of the gaming possibilities at hand and let the bickering of the Wii to intolerant HD fanboys like you that hate the Wii and would like to take away that experience from those who actually like it because you for some reason don´t like it.  

actually I am 23, I don't hate the Wii as much as being severely disappointed my whole post pretty much summed up that if the Wii would have came with basically motion+ from the start I would have been happy with it. And while I somewhat agree graphics don't make the gen neither do cumbersome controls and if Wii will get it right with Motion+ then i'll concede that's the next generation. 

Btw How is forming my opinion intolerant? I don't chastize any of my friends for owning a Wii in fact I trade consoles very often with friends. Iv'e played super mario, zelda, brawl, trauma center, strikers, warioland, monkeyball, metal slug(hate the shaking for grenades) and I am dying to play MP3 but have to get MP2 done. SO OBVIOUSLY I can't really hate the Wii and still play those games unless I am just some crazy sick masochist.

And last Would you like a list of consoles I owned? atari 2600,Nes,Genesis,Snes,PS,64,dreamcast,ps2,xbox.gamecube,ps3,360(till brother moved out)Wii(till returned) and before you bring up neo geo/jaguar I said main systems always the big 2/3.

See my problem was I thought I could just post how I feel about something related to the topic and the post content in the topic but I forgot coming from the main page that this would be in the Nintendo forum so whatever I have to say that isn't a glowing endorsement for Wii is considered a biased ill informed attack of which I couldn't possibly have any true opinions other then to mindlessly bash the Wii.

You are allowed to have an opinion no mutter what it is but don´t present it as fact if you don´t want to be confronted.

I still don´t belive you have experience gaming as early as atari considering your age.

The Wii´s controlls are next gen, they might not be perfect but they will get there and if you tell the truth about your gaming experiences then you would know that back then the controllers weren´t perfect either.

To expect perfect controlls even though it hasn´t been done on this level before is just asking to much things can only progress one step at the time.

edit: PM's FTW ^_^

Can love bloom on the battlefield?                 Proud supporter of this gen!!!

Dystopian Delight said:
vaio said:
Dystopian Delight said:
vaio said:
Dystopian Delight said:

edit: PM's FTW ^_^

:), It is my oppinion never meant to present it as fact sorry for that.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

Mario?

Hasn't Mario scored really high on every system? If that was the case, why did the GCN and the N64 do terribly?

Around the Network
Dystopian Delight said:

You're free to post your opinion on the Wii, if you don't like it that's fine. When you make generalizations (like the following quote), however, that's when you should be expect to be attacked.

Dystopian Delight said:

According to my anecdotal evidence, fans of the Wii tend to be older. The PS3 fanboys tend to be the ones you describe (jr high/ hs) because they grew up with their beloved Playstation, and are attached to it. I think the site agrees with me. Now, what does this mean?

Nothing. Anecdotal evidence doesn't mean anything... find some real data before saying a modified version of "The Wii is kiddy," because it's already been said millions of times before, and Wii owners are tired of it. Not that I care much, but you wanted to know why you would be upsetting Wii owners.

edit: by the site "agreeing" with me, I meant the ages of the members in the forum, not their opinions.

@c0rd

Just because he offers anecdotal evidence doesn't mean you have to counter with your own, just ignore and move on, countering leads no where as neither can be proven outside of anecdote and the conversation will probably turn ugly.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

The Wii will get good third-party games in [del]2007[/del] [del]2008[/del] 2009.

I wont discuss nonsenses ,if you want to take a look at metacritic or gamerankings for Wii and PS3 games you can easily see theres like 24 Wii games over 80 and more than 50 PS3 games.As for the PS3 and 360 lineups I think they are pretty even right now...the 360 may have a slight advantage but theres not really so many exclusive games for the machine anymore while the PS3 has built a exclusive lineup slowly with things like Buzz,Singstar,Siren,Gran Turismo 5,MLBA The Show 2008,Warhawk,Heavenly Sword,Metal Gear 4,Uncharted,Ratchet ,plus all the PSn stuff.

ph4nt said:
r3av3r2k1 said:
astrosmash said:
BMaker11 said:
It's subjective, I guess, but the Wii is going to be the one console that wins NOT because it has the best games....ironic, ain't it?

Best games is not what wins a generation, its most games. Size and breadth (variety) of a consoles library are what bring in the masses (or don't when they are lacking) in the back half of a generation.

Just some examples of what I'm saying:

• gen 2 - Intellivision and Coleco had games that blew away anthing on the Atari, but Atari's library was sooooo much bigger
  • gen 4 - Similar libraries, similar sales
  • gen 5 - some of the highest rated games of all time were on the N64, but the huge library belonged to the PS
  • gen 6 - largest library in history, and largest sales in history both to the PS2

There are numerous factors that determine the generation winner and one of them is best library of games not the amount of games the console has

ps1 had a infinitely better library of games then the n64 despite n64 having 2 of the best games ever made, but they were to few as the ps1 library didn't have a mario 64 or zelda it had dozens of games that came close to them, and that is what's important, a large amount of quality games is one of the most important factors for a consoles success not quantity

ps2 had the same thing going for it, a huge list of great games that appealed to everyone something the competition didn't have

so far from the games announced for 09 wii doesnt seem to have that great of a line up for next year i meen its good but not at the level this topic is making it out to be of course some of the higher profile games probably are still to be announced for next year so that situation may change but for now nothing more then an ok lineup for 09

But see thats your opinion that the PS1 had a better library, as far as i'm concerned N64 had the most quality games, even more than the PS2.

no thats not my opinion its a fact, only nintendo fans dont like to believe this is a fact in your opinion n64 had a better library and thats just fine people like what they like but the majoritty of the gamming comunitty says otherwise

i ownd a n64 and never owned a ps1 there were 3 games that made the console worthwile zelda and mario for the single player experience and mario cart for multyplayer and thats it and its my opinion

the fact ps1 had a better library than n64 in not an opinion its a fact