By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GTA IV Not Meeting Sales Expectations?

greedy bastards!!!

Around the Network
Reasonable said:
This is all about TT needing GTA as a bargining chip. Nothing more. Sure it's selling less than previous versions but with current HD install base expecting it to was crazy.

It might have sold to 14 - 15M with a Wii version also but looking at the game it seems it was built thinking more powerful consoles only. I'm sure it could be put on Wii but I'd hate to imagine what it would look like...

Um, it would look like the PS2 games, or more advanced. Vice City Stories had the best graphics, given that it came out last, so a GTA game made for the Wii (if not directly ported) would have that look minimum.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

GTAIV solda over 10 mln to a 35 mln user base thats growing.
GTA SA sold 17 mln(pc aside) to a 80-90mln user base that grew to reach 120mln. Do you see the atach rate? If this GTA had the others atach rate, this would be a frigging flop. They are whinnig. This GTA is still selling 40-50 k per week. The production costs where met. Now they can drop the price and see the money flow. And there´s the pc release, that should sell at least 2mln.

VASCO DA GAMA CAMPEÃO DA COPA DO BRASIL!!!

CONGRATULATIONS VASCÃO

VICE É O CARALH*

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future......NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Stillwell said:
Haha, retarded. I wish I hadn't bought a copy. Game is boring as hell.

This.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

Kurakasa said:
tabsina said:
Kurakasa said:

Can you point me a cartoony racer game on 360 which has sold more than a million? If you can do that, I will eat my words.

can you point me a decent cartoony racer game on 360 at all? 

how old are you?

http://vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=4947

No screens available, but I think that fits the description.

cars on wii sold less than the 360 version.. so.. i guess if this example holds up as the decent cartoony racer which i should compare mario kart with, that would mean that the 360 will sell about 50% more copies of mario kart than the wii., just like the way cars did

wow.. never mind replying to this.. way off topic

Around the Network

hm, I don't get them.. it's one of the best selling and fastest selling game this gen.. how could they want more?

pichu_pichu said:
hm, I don't get them.. it's one of the best selling and fastest selling game this gen.. how could they want more?

Because it's also the most expensive game ever made, BEFORE you include the massive advertising budget. I'm actually curious about whether Take Two's made a profit off the game yet, after accounting for everything.

It sold over 10 million copies in less than a year. If thats low... then i don't mind being low

10 Million not enough in the space of 6 months with holiday season coming up?

Gamer4eva said:
10 Million not enough in the space of 6 months with holiday season coming up?

If TT wants a better bargaining position with EA, they can't wait a few moths and hope that sales pick up, especially since holiday sales surges for older games are rare, despite what some here think.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs