By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GTA IV Not Meeting Sales Expectations?

They only mentioned games from this gen to counter your claim. Way to try to win an argument. You just made up something they didn't even write.

EDIT: Sorry, but unless you exclude handhelds from the beginning, you can't exclude them now.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

@tabsina

http://vgchartz.com/games/index.php?name=Guitar+Hero+III&console=&region=All&developer=&publisher=&genre=&keyword=&boxart=Both&results=50&order=Hits

How much has GH3 sold on this gen of consoles?

Can you point me a cartoony racer game on 360 which has sold more than a million? If you can do that, I will eat my words.

Kurakasa said:

Oh, I did not know that GH3 has sold that much on 360/Wii/Ps3. In fact, I thought it has sold something like 8 million, as does this site. Well I guess that is false information.

Oh, lol, my how we move the goal posts.

Now you claim that "this gen" refers to a console and not a time frame.

So, I suggest that instead of generalizing your statements, you start being specific so people don't think you're wrong all the time.

"No game has sold more than GTAIV this generation on PSWii60, except bundled games, which I don't think should count, nor should handheld, PS2, or PC games count, because if they did, my statement wouldn't hold true."

Did I tell you I'm the best football player in my yard?

Oh GTAIV, No game has sold more than GTAIV this generation on PSWii60, except bundled games, which I don't think should count, nor should handheld, PS2, or PC games count, because if they did, my statement wouldn't hold true. What an accomplishment!!!

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Kurakasa said:

Can you point me a cartoony racer game on 360 which has sold more than a million? If you can do that, I will eat my words.

Not to draw attention away from your wiggling out of your falsehood or anything, but the fact that you seem to think Mario Kart Wii wouldn't sell like gangbusters on the 360 is pretty biased as well.

Games like LBP and Banjo will sell at least a million each, and they don't even have the name "Nintendo" on em, nor do they have the Wii wheel gimmick. If tomorrow Nintendo started releasing games on the Xbox 360, and the first game was Brawl or Kart, and you somehow believe that it would flop in sales...on the Xbox 360, then you don't understand the argument, nor do you understand sales very well my friend. It would sell a million copies if it was Mr. Sunshine. The Nintendo name would sell a million copies. The genre doesn't matter. Mario Party 8 sold 5.5 million copies this generation, for the love of god. Nintendo games being revered and popular isn't something that's exclusive to Wii owners, despite your bias and hope that would sway your opinion to the contrary.

If anything, being the first of its genre on the 360 would garner it more sales.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

@ZendolforVGI

This gen = 360/ps3/wii. I am not counting handhelds, since they are totally different ballgame. However, if you do I know there are some games that have sold a lot. Do you want to count mobile games too?

Biased? Maybe realistic would be a better word to describe that. Do you really think that MK wii would sell a lot on 360?

Maybe you think that everyone is a mario-fan but I think that most of those mario-fans have a wii by now. I never said mk wii would flop, I said it would sell "a million, tops".

You know, there are a lot of gamers who never buy nintendo stuff because they just don't like those. Most of them are propably pc/360 gamers.

edit:

I will be surprised if Banjo sells more than a million. My own guess is it will sell 800k-1m.

Around the Network

Lol it made 400 millions first week is that low.

Kurakasa said:

@ZendolforVGI

This gen = 360/ps3/wii. I am not counting handhelds, since they are totally different ballgame. However, if you do I know there are some games that have sold a lot. Do you want to count mobile games too?

Biased? Maybe realistic would be a better word to describe that. Do you really think that MK wii would sell a lot on 360?

Maybe you think that everyone is a mario-fan but I think that most of those mario-fans have a wii by now. I never said mk wii would flop, I said it would sell "a million, tops".

You know, there are a lot of gamers who never buy nintendo stuff because they just don't like those. Most of them are propably pc/360 gamers.

edit:

I will be surprised if Banjo sells more than a million. My own guess is it will sell 800k-1m.

Now that you've wiggled your way into a more managable hypocrasy, the fun is gone, so I'll leave it at that. Besides that, I've realized you're totally right!

Yes, you're right, I was a fool! You are being completely fair to the Wii. We should all be in awe of GTAIV's impressive sales. The developers themselves being dissapointed just means they must be idiot-savants. Great at development, sucky at sales comparison. We all must realize that only Mario-Boys want to play Galaxy. A real 360 gamer, like me, wouldn't waste their time on crap like that. Pfft, LBP? Baby stuff. Won't sell a million copies. It's based off Mario, afterall. Only Mario boys like Mario, and all Mario boys have a Wii, or it wouldn't sell like it does. When Mario boys run out, Wii will die.

I have seen the light. You're dead on.

No game has sold more than GTAIV this generation on PSWii60, except bundled games, which I don't think should count, nor should handheld, PS2, or PC games count, because if they did, my statement wouldn't hold true. That's the most impressive thing I've ever heard about a game that sold 20 million last gen, but cost more to develop this time, and sold half as well.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Kurakasa said:

@ZendolforVGI

edit:

Now that you've wiggled your way into a more managable hypocrasy, the fun is gone, so I'll leave it at that. Besides that, I've realized you're totally right!

Yes, you're right, I was a fool! You are being completely fair to the Wii. We should all be in awe of GTAIV's impressive sales. The developers themselves being dissapointed just means they must be idiot-savants. Great at development, sucky at sales comparison. We all must realize that only Mario-Boys want to play Galaxy. A real 360 gamer, like me, wouldn't waste their time on crap like that. Pfft, LBP? Baby stuff. Won't sell a million copies. It's based off Mario, afterall. Only Mario boys like Mario, and all Mario boys have a Wii, or it wouldn't sell like it does. When Mario boys run out, Wii will die.

I have seen the light. You're dead on.

No game has sold more than GTAIV this generation on PSWii60, except bundled games, which I don't think should count, nor should handheld, PS2, or PC games count, because if they did, my statement wouldn't hold true. That's the most impressive thing I've ever heard about a game that sold 20 million last gen, but cost more to develop this time, and sold half as well.

I have to agree with your post, good that you finally understand it!

I am of the opinion Mario Kart Wii and Wii Fit could pass GTAIV this year... or if not then in January.

GTA IV sold well, no doubt about it, but the question is have it sold enough?, R* had extremely big budget, advertising budget etc. etc. people who made this money available for them expected not to break even but to make great profits like SA did for example. Remember this is the biggest franchise possesed by Take2 and they put all their faith behind it if they want to earn big money.

They have to release some kind of GTA on the Wii if they want to make big money this gen, they cant ignore the best selling console, and sooner or later we will see GTA Wii.