By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - If I were Sony's head...

First, I would HAVE to reduce the price. Obviously, being 3rd behind Microsoft and Nintendo, I would have to retool my plans! I would take a bigger loss on the system, remove some features, and try to match Microsoft's price as much as possible! Also, I would invest in looking for ways to get more families buying the system. I would try to court third parties to produce more Wii-style games, as well as produce more family friendly games. I would have a HUGE company's resources at my helm, and I wouldn't fail to use those deep pockets to invest in the PS3, and get its sales up! This is now the 3rd year it has been on the market, and to not even be selling 20 million now??? For Sony, that's HORRIBLE! The PS2 took off by this point in its life, and Sony somehow HAS to change their market plan, otherwise they'll have a HUGE hole to climb out of!

30-someting now, 40-something next decade!

Around the Network

I agree! More major losses for Sony to make it seem a bit more successful to some gamers! Hurray!

Thanks God you are not Sony's head

Mr Stringer, step out of the way, you´re no match against Mr pika´s well thought analysis and understanding of the market.

What can you ask more right now? The PS3 is outselling the 360 even after the price-cut! o_o

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Around the Network
pika62221 said:

First, I would HAVE to reduce the price. Obviously, being 3rd behind Microsoft and Nintendo, I would have to retool my plans! I would take a bigger loss on the system, remove some features, and try to match Microsoft's price as much as possible! Also, I would invest in looking for ways to get more families buying the system. I would try to court third parties to produce more Wii-style games, as well as produce more family friendly games. I would have a HUGE company's resources at my helm, and I wouldn't fail to use those deep pockets to invest in the PS3, and get its sales up! This is now the 3rd year it has been on the market, and to not even be selling 20 million now??? For Sony, that's HORRIBLE! The PS2 took off by this point in its life, and Sony somehow HAS to change their market plan, otherwise they'll have a HUGE hole to climb out of!

It is more important to make money and to lose more billions. As long as they make money they will cut prices. 

Glad your not SONY's Head. And so you know this is there second full year.... you cannot count 06 since it came in that years november. The console is out selling the 360WW month by month. And SONY needs to focus on profit b4 losing their investors....

4 ≈ One

I dont think you are anyone to say that, sony won two console generations, and if you were head of sony and took an even bigger loss, you would likely have been fired.

mM

It's easy to say lose money when it's not YOUR money.

FishyJoe said:
It's easy to say lose money when it's not YOUR money.

/thread

mM