By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Apple iPhone 3G or Sony Playstation 3?

iPhone without a doubt. As rocketpig said, the device is absolutely awesome in every way. I'd almost buy one over upgrading my computer... almost. If you have any other console then a PS3 is not needed, in fact it's not needed even if you didn't have any other consoles. The iPhone is just that godly.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Around the Network
vlad321 said:
iPhone without a doubt. As rocketpig said, the device is absolutely awesome in every way. I'd almost buy one over upgrading my computer... almost. If you have any other console then a PS3 is not needed, in fact it's not needed even if you didn't have any other consoles. The iPhone is just that godly.

Agreed.

I have all the new consoles and an iPhone.

If I could only keep two of those devices, it would me the PS3 and the iPhone.

If I could only keep 1, it would be the iPhone.

Jo21 said:
rocketpig said:
I don't understand the iPhone hate. It's the most useful device I own and I would easily forfeit every other device I own before the iPhone (excepting my work computer).

iPod, phone, email access, Internet, gps device, yellow pages, on the go camera, etc etc etc all in one device. Briiliant. I don't know how I lived without it.

The app store increased the usefulness of the phone incredibly. There are some bitter little kids in this thread.

okay look for this devices.

nokia 5800 "tube" , nokia n96, motorola zn 5, blackberry thunder, samsung onmia, lg viewty, sony ericsson x1.

then come back and think of what you said.

Er? Because other companies make nice phones, the usefulness of the iPhone is somehow invalidated?

Like I said, I do not understand the hate for the iPhone. It's a hell of a device, just like some of the phones you listed.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:
Jo21 said:
rocketpig said:
I don't understand the iPhone hate. It's the most useful device I own and I would easily forfeit every other device I own before the iPhone (excepting my work computer).

iPod, phone, email access, Internet, gps device, yellow pages, on the go camera, etc etc etc all in one device. Briiliant. I don't know how I lived without it.

The app store increased the usefulness of the phone incredibly. There are some bitter little kids in this thread.

nokia 5800 "tube" , nokia n96, motorola zn 5, blackberry thunder, samsung onmia, lg viewty, sony ericsson x1.

Er? Because other companies make nice phones, the usefulness of the iPhone is somehow invalidated?

Like I said, I do not understand the hate for the iPhone. It's a hell of a device, just like some of the phones you listed.

The iPhone is far better then those devices at everything they all do (aside from being a phone, the iPhone is an adequate phone. but nothing better then any other phone).

• Best phone for playing games: iPhone
  • Best phone for watching movies: iPhone
  • Best phone for playing music: iPhone
  • Best phone for surfing the web? iPhone
  • Best phone for storing and viewing pictures: iphone
  • Best phone for email: iphone

Where the iPhone is not the best, is as a camera, and it's GPS does not do turn by turn. It does have google maps, and that blows most phones away with it's usefulness compared to there GPS/Map offerings.

The iPhone kicks ass.

Around the Network
TheRealMafoo said:
rocketpig said:
Jo21 said:
rocketpig said:

The iPhone is far better then those devices at everything they all do (aside from being a phone, the iPhone is an adequate phone. but nothing better then any other phone).

Where the iPhone is not the best, is as a camera, and it's GPS does not do turn by turn. It does have google maps, and that blows most phones away with it's usefulness compared to there GPS/Map offerings.

The iPhone kicks ass.

• Best phone for playing games: LG Dare
  • Best phone for watching movies: LG Dare
  • Best phone for playing music: LG Dare
  • Best phone for surfing the web? LG Dare
  • Best phone for storing and viewing pictures: LG Dare
  • Best phone for email: LG Dare

Sorry but the LG Dare > the iPhone in everyway. Heck most BlackBerries do.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

I've messed around with the Dare and I really prefer the iPhone.

Anyway, that's not the point. There are a bunch of people in here talking down the iPhone. You have to admit it's a damn fine (and versatile) device, even if you might prefer something else for your personal needs.

TheRealMafoo said:
rocketpig said:
Jo21 said:
rocketpig said:

The iPhone kicks ass.

The only thing the Iphone has on most devices is its broswer, that's it.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Oh, that's crap. The App Store for the iphone is kick-ass. It also syncs with iTunes, a program many people already use. The way it innovated touch screens is commendable, as well. Most other touch phones are straight ripping its interface. It's a very good device.

With that said, the camera is kinda light on options and it should be able to be used as a tethered modem.

rocketpig said:
Oh, that's crap. The App Store for the iphone is kick-ass. It also syncs with iTunes, a program many people already use. The way it innovated touch screens is commendable, as well. Most other touch phones are straight ripping its interface. It's a very good device.

With that said, the camera is kinda light on options and it should be able to be used as a tethered modem.

I never said it wansnt  a good device. I decided on buying the ipod touch instead because i wanted a better phone, The HTC kaiser, but i loved the touch and browser of the Iphone.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)