By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How do you get your iPod to work with your PS3?

If you sync your music through iTunes, you won't be able see the music folders in your iPod, not even on a Mac or PC computer. Apple does it on purpose to prevent music "sharing" between consumers.

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

Around the Network

blame apple.

actually sony and m$ to be able to play music in its just luck.

If anything, I would blame Sony. Everyone knows that Sony is known for pushing products down people's throat and they probably don't want Ipod compatible with the PS3, rather you must buy some crappy Sony MP3 player

What are you looking at, nerd?

^^ it's not Sony it's Apple. They code the file names to deter or prevent file sharing. The names only come up on Itunes once you dram them onto Itunes. There is a way around it since i had the same problem when i was trying to burn these songs with the actual names on a cd.

I had to drag the songs from iTunes to another Program and this was the only way it kept the names as they are.

1) If you have a laptop, connect the lappy to the ps3 with a cable and then drag the songs from ITunes onto the ps3.

2) Drag the songs from ITunes onto a USB memory stick and put the USB into the PS3.

3) Try load Itunes onto the PS3 .

I had to put 500MB of crap onto my HDD the other day in order to play Ratchet and Clank (some sort of glitch I dunno), and I never had any problems.

I just stuck the charger in the USB port and started copying files. No trouble playing them either.
Although most of my songs weren't downloaded on iTunes...