By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Enterbrain/GfK-Chart-Track/NPD plan to expand to full global sales reports.

TWRoO said:
BKK2 said:
Pretty big news. Incidentally, the first "Top Global Markets Report" for the month of August should be releasing any day now, but I don't know if any data will be made public. There's a partially censored sample with July data here (PDF).

I might be wrong... but it looks to me like GTAIV total number is 3,794,873

which confuses me as it is obviously not a global figure.... even taking into account that it says April 2008... the game sold way more than that in it's first 2 days (both in April)

Yeah, you're wrong because they released the "Global" (actually just JP/UK/US) Top 5 YTD chart through July when they made the announcement and it was at 6,293,000. I'm not sure what you're looking at though, as the PDF I linked says July 2008, not April.

Around the Network
DKII said:
That one is US/UK/Japan only. And it isn't out in Japan yet.

This could be interesting, but if it's anything like their last plan you have to subscribe to all the services individually anyway, plus pay an additional fee, which means all you're really getting is all the same reports in one document.

Ahh... so it's just that US+UK+Japan thing.... pretty useless, although the article seems to be hinting it is going to be adding other countries.

Checking VGC Americas for the end of April GTAIV was just over 3.5 million.... take away Canada and Add UK and you get 3.8 million in that report. Now it makes sense at least.

So it begins
-Theodin, King of Rohan.

Anywho, this is pretty big news. Interestingly enough this is announced with VGC now part of Giant Realm and about to undergo a site revamp at the end of the month.

More as it develops, this is Smeags reporting for Channel 4.

BKK2 said:
TWRoO said:
BKK2 said:
Pretty big news. Incidentally, the first "Top Global Markets Report" for the month of August should be releasing any day now, but I don't know if any data will be made public. There's a partially censored sample with July data here (PDF).

which confuses me as it is obviously not a global figure.... even taking into account that it says April 2008... the game sold way more than that in it's first 2 days (both in April)

Yeah, you're wrong because they released the "Global" (actually just JP/UK/US) Top 5 YTD chart through July when they made the announcement and it was at 6,293,000.

I'm not wrong.... look at the numbers... the breakdown above the total shows a number in the 2 millions for 360 (looks like 2.2) and a number in the 1 millions for PS3 (looks lke 1.3).... then the two special editions are not even at 1 million.

The PDF you gave seems to show GTAIV numbers up to the end of April.... for USA+UK+Japan (none there anyway though) not the end of July.
-----

Or what about Mario Kart Wii.... it is split to show Japan alone, which is clearly still below 1 million, so is quite obviously not the end of July, or even the start of July.

obieslut said:
this may mark the death of vgc

Yep the website is closing down next week.. so delete this link from your browser and  make sure you don't come back...

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network
TWRoO said:
BKK2 said:
TWRoO said:
BKK2 said:

Yeah, you're wrong because they released the "Global" (actually just JP/UK/US) Top 5 YTD chart through July when they made the announcement and it was at 6,293,000.

I'm not wrong.... look at the numbers... the breakdown above the total shows a number in the 2 millions for 360 (looks like 2.2) and a number in the 1 millions for PS3 (looks lke 1.3).... then the two special editions are not even at 1 million.

The PDF you gave seems to show GTAIV numbers up to the end of April.... for USA+UK+Japan (none there anyway though) not the end of July.

The GTA number on the PDF is just NPD.. numbers from europe will have "(euro)" next to the title of the game and "(japan)" for japanese numbers.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

TWRoO said:
BKK2 said:
TWRoO said:
BKK2 said:

Those numbers are so blurred that it's impossible to see what they are, just how many there is, so apart from being able to tell that the special editions are both under 1 million you can't see how many millions the standard versions sold.

I see where you get April from now, that's the game's release date it says "intro date", you can see it's different fo each game. Mario Kart DS is November 2005 for example. It clearly says at the top of the PDF "Reporting Month: July 2008".

@gebx... even if it was just NPD then it still shouldn't be so low for the end of July

TWRoO said:
@gebx... even if it was just NPD then it still shouldn't be so low for the end of July

But you can't even see the numbers on that PDF. The actual numbers are posted above. The PDF is "All Countries" (JP/UK/US), it's not just NPD.