By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 360 Elite for only 279$ i got it

At work we had discount on Xbox 360 elite for on 279$ so i dicided to buy one i think its a good deal.

I already have a pros but the new black finish looks amazing !

Around the Network

That is a good price..but I wonder who's losing more money on their consoles now, Sony or Microsoft? They charge $149 for the 120 gig HD alone..

Phrancheyez said:
That is a good price..but I wonder who's losing more money on their consoles now, Sony or Microsoft? They charge $149 for the 120 gig HD alone..

279 is store per store discounted price. not new elite price.

also remember MS already made profit from x360, and next year when they combined CPU+GPU, into new slim model, they will reduced even more.

Thats a great price

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

I waork for Bell and we had a promo with 360 and internet , the promo ended but they still had some 360 left , at first the put the price at 379$ after microsoft price droop they droop the price too 279$ crazy deal.

Around the Network

MS are not looking into making money this gen, they looking into setting up a better foundation and then to grow on it. They have enough money to lose out again this gen on hardware but recoup from software sales. It is a common strategy businesses use to break up a monopoly or crush rivals.

Example:

1) You start selling a very expensive product for cheap and lose out but gain a customer base of millions
2) the next product you launch at a regular price and take in the money from the user base you already have, recouping the losses and making profit.

They are on track for what they are trying to achieve and they are doing very well indeed. They have already established themselves in America and they also have a bigger foothold in Japan. If sony doesn't counter with some good JRPG's they might even lose the Japan stronghold they have.

lol so you got a second cosnole. And you main reason was because of the black finish that reminds me of a different console....

I have 1 PS3 2 xbox 360.

the ps3 and the elite are in the leaving room my old 360 is in the Basement

xbox360 said:
I waork for Bell and we had a promo with 360 and internet , the promo ended but they still had some 360 left , at first the put the price at 379$ after microsoft price droop they droop the price too 279$ crazy deal.

That is a crazy deal.  You might could even flip it on e-bay if you wanted to.  Go for it!!!

Consoles: Atari 5200, NES, SNES, N64, Dreamcast, PS2, Gamecube, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3

Phrancheyez said:

You don't really think that costs them that much do you? 

Like how a movie theater makes near zero on tickets sales and all their money concession sales consoles don't typically make money on console sales but make money on accessories.