By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - September Another monthly win for MS is 100% certain

iron_megalith said:
I feel stupid for reading the article... Says so on the URL... :-S Xboxer... Sheesh what made me think about reading it.....

This

Around the Network

I'm gonna put my money on the Wii for September also! The 360 may be up 100% for this week but it won't be up 100% for the whole month which is what it would need to beat the Wii.

Signature goes here!

will 360 have higher sale than ps3 for the rest of 2008 ???

^no

If you call August the 360's win when it was a draw in the US and in the other two major regions than you will probably be hoping that the 360 sells evenly with the PS3 this month in the US and EU which would be a draw (gasp).

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

Probably, yes. While 360 sales will crash and burn back to normal levels within two weeks, there won't be enough time for the PS3 to recover before the September data comes out.

October, on the other hand, will likely be another matter entirely.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

Millennium said:
Probably, yes. While 360 sales will crash and burn back to normal levels within two weeks, there won't be enough time for the PS3 to recover before the September data comes out.

Not so sure about that prediction I am thinking it should last a while and probably through christmas

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

The Wii makes a pretty strong case otherwise.

xman said:
Millennium said:

Not so sure about that prediction I am thinking it should last a while and probably through christmas

Why? Nothing the HD consoles have done yet has managed to produce a boost that lasted longer than two weeks. Why should this be any different?

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

The 360 is "likely" to outsell the PS3 in NA. The 360 "might" outsell the PS3 in Japan. The 360 is unlikely to outsell the PS3 in Europe/Others.

I don't see anything that suggests 100% certainty... unless you have a crystal ball or a time machine.