By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360 120GB HDD now $149.99

*sigh*

This is still one of the biggest problems I have with MS regarding the 360. I really enjoy my 360, and at $199 for an Arcade I might end up with two, but the drives are too darn expensive. :-/

Around the Network
Squilliam said:

On overpriced accessories.

PS2

Memory Card: $25 -8mb flash (Essential!)

Not included with system

Typical Flash prices - $5 on Newegg GB+

PS3

DS3 $55 - The price of a game to get functionality that should have been in the box on day 1.

Official HDMI cables - $70

Official Component cables $25

No HD cables included in the box. So some people are going to buy the RipOff versions. This is for a system thats meant to be an HD player as well!

HDD for the 20/40gb models $80 for a 160gb HDD *Required for anyone who intends to have a large game collection/use the download and movies features* 20/40gb are far too small. Say hello to multiple 5gb installs.

Xbox 360 HDD

60gb Arcade to Premium upgrade pack. $99 <--- Fair price considering it gives you everything in the 60gb SKU barring the HD cables.

120gb - Expensive but its about as bad as a $25 memory card not included in a box. It would have been the same price of the PS3 version had they gone down the same route.

Component cables included in the 60 gb

Well said Squilliam. Well said.

Million said:
Onyxmeth said:
sexybeast said:
Crazy I tell you! This thing is cheap. It almost beats the 320GB 2.5" for the PS3 @ a 100 bucks.

Oh, btw, you've been warned for trolling my good sir.

How is that trolling ? it's absolutley true should have said "WOW that's a bargain!!!" when it clearly isn't.

It's the equivalent of jumping into a "my ps3 doesn't have rpg's to play" and pasting the tales of vesperia cover. You understand it now?

And yeah, the thing is overpriced. Way overpriced.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

That's a good deal, if you buy the Arcade plus the 120GB HD you get basically an Elite for 350 instead of 400

What are you looking at, nerd?

ppl just need to stop all the damn whining about what access cost. yeah its nice about upgrading your ps3 hdd to such a high lev but u still got to pay on average $100 for a bigger hdd, which u wouldnt have to do if sony wouldnt require the stupid hdd installs. yes it would be nice if the 120 hdd was cheaper for the 360, but if u buy it its for music, movies,shows,xbl games,xbox original and dlc. where as if u buy a hdd for the ps3 its because of the stupid installs, plus everything else.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network
Squilliam said:

PS2

Memory Card: $25 -8mb flash (Essential!) (Considering flash memory was expensive at the time, this is reasonable)

Not included with system

PS3

DS3 $55 - The price of a game to get functionality that should have been in the box on day 1. (DS3s come with PS3s now....and how much do extra 360 controllers cost? $50? Oh wow....$5, at least online is free...nothing to rebut that, huh?)

Official HDMI cables - $70 (Every "official" HDMI cable from big companies are expensive...but....

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16879261116 ....... that bundle is only $50. And if you check Amazon, there are PLENTY of Sony HDMIs for under $30)

Official Component cables $25 (Last time I checked, it was $16.99 at Best Buy...better than the $35 you have to pay for 360s)

No HD cables included in the box. So some people are going to buy the RipOff versions. This is for a system thats meant to be an HD player as well!

HDD for the 20/40gb models $80 for a 160gb HDD *Required for anyone who intends to have a large game collection/use the download and movies features* 20/40gb are far too small. Say hello to multiple 5gb installs.

Xbox 360 HDD

60gb Arcade to Premium upgrade pack. $99 <--- Fair price considering it gives you everything in the 60gb SKU barring the HD cables.

120gb - Expensive but its about as bad as a $25 memory card not included in a box. It would have been the same price of the PS3 version had they gone down the same route. (Nope, because they only aloow proprietary HDDs)

Not well said whatsoever

this is almost as expensive as a new 360,,,is it suppose to be a good deal?

Squilliam said:

PS2

Not included with system

PS3

DS3 $55 - The price of a game to get functionality that should have been in the box on day 1.

Xbox 360 HDD

120gb - Expensive but its about as bad as a $25 memory card not included in a box. It would have been the same price of the PS3 version had they gone down the same route.

This is a nice list but most people dont buy the 70 dollar hdmi cables. People may be stupid but not that stupid. Also the ps3 is meant for the upper-class people, people who have money as it is priced 400. The xbox 360 is now priced 199, which is mass market. So after the person buys the 360, they have an option for a hard drive if they choose. When they hook it up to their tv, they get stunned by the visuals of halo 3 and gears of war. After telling their friends that they bought an 360, their friends say get xbox live, so he or she does. Now after they get xbox live they figure out that their 360 is not wireless, so they have to hook it to their router or buy the adapter for $70. After all of this they have to pay 199 + 100(optional) + 50(optional) + 70(optional) so they have to pay 199-419. or they could just get a ps3 with uncharted and ratchet for 400 +10 to 70(optional).  

xbox 199-419. 

ps3 400-470. 

Also when you buy an hd tv, do you get and hdmi cable NO. So it isnt sony's fault to not including it.

Squilliam said:

PS2

Not included with system

PS3

Xbox 360 HDD

do you know what the usb ports for the ps2 are for? I put a flash drive in there and nothing happened

BMaker11 said:
Squilliam said:

PS2

Memory Card: $25 -8mb flash (Essential!) (Considering flash memory was expensive at the time, this is reasonable) "

"It only costs Sony £187,989/£56,246=£3.34 per memory card while Retailers sold it for £30 back in 2004 or so. (Essentially, Sony was charging £11.06 to retailers, thus earning over £7 per memory card)"

Theres gold in them hills, keep digging. Should I also mention that Nintendo managed to release games on 512mb cartidges (Flash)? Or the fact that its an out of the box essential that they neglected to include with the system so they could gouge you some more?

Not included with system

PS3

DS3 $55 - The price of a game to get functionality that should have been in the box on day 1. (DS3s come with PS3s now....and how much do extra 360 controllers cost? $50? Oh wow....$5, at least online is free...nothing to rebut that, huh?)

DS3s didn't come with PS3s for most of its life. They didn't even get around to including it in the box until recently. How does that help people like me who already have 2 sixaxis controllers? Furthermore PS3 online is retarded, it really is. It was Laggy as hell and the PS-Store was so amazing that I visited once and never went back until recently and then I haven't bothered with it since. If I could pay money for it to be not so retarded I definately would. Before you make some retort about how its as good as Xbox Live, I haven't used it - EVER. Its retarded on its own without comparison.

Official HDMI cables - $70 (Every "official" HDMI cable from big companies are expensive...but....

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16879261116 ....... that bundle is only $50. And if you check Amazon, there are PLENTY of Sony HDMIs for under $30)

Admitting official accessories are expensive huh? So why compare official accessories with generic stuff you can buy at a hardware store.

Official Component cables $25 (Last time I checked, it was $16.99 at Best Buy...better than the $35 you have to pay for 360s)

Except that it comes in the box. Try again.

Xbox 360 HDD

120gb - Expensive but its about as bad as a $25 memory card not included in a box. It would have been the same price of the PS3 version had they gone down the same route. (Nope, because they only aloow proprietary HDDs)

Only allowing propritary HDDs is a bonus and a curse. I don't know many people with a precision screw driver set. Its easy to replace and that cost is dictated by the price of the Elite SKU. It took me about an hour to locate my screwdriver set and find the instructions to replace my HDD. If I wanted to get a HDD for my Arcade 360 it would take 1 minute once I had the HDD. How much is your time worth? The better comparison is the 60gb HDD but I guess noone brings that up huh?

AWESOME, You really said it well

Tease.