By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official August NPD Thread (Data at 6:30 pm EST, 3.5 hours from post 1)

DOATS1 said:
BKK2 said:
DOATS1 said:
hmmm...i get an odd feeling that 360>ps3. don't know why though.

I doubt it, we usually get pre-emptive press release spin from Microsoft the day before NPD when they think PS3 outsold them, and they did it again yesterday.

really, can i get a link to the pr?

Subject: Media Alert: Xbox 360 console sales surge post-price drop

Coming off the heels of the console price drop last week, Microsoft Xbox 360 sales have surged, with retailers reporting over 100% sales lift for all Xbox 360 models compared to the previous weekend. Additionally, retailers are reporting that between Friday, Sept. 5 and Sunday, Sept. 7, some Xbox 360 models were selling at six times the rate they were the weekend prior.

At $199, Xbox 360 is now not only the most affordable next-generation console available, but it also packs more entertainment punch per dollar than any other consumer electronics device connected to your TV. Xbox 360 invites you into a limitless world where the best games, movies and TV shows live side by side with your personal pictures and music library, and the experience is ready to share anytime with friends in your living room or across the globe through Xbox LIVE.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
last month vgchartz was much higher on 360... will they be much lower this time just to even things up? my god i am so cynical!

Kowenicki cynical? No way!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

blazinhead89 said:
obieslut said:
blazinhead89 said:
obieslut said:
some heads are going to get broken soon just wait and see i am ready for a brawl.

@blazinhead89, stop stealing me ideas i am the only member that can go into off topic banter then disguise it with a few whoops, a wink and a sentence of random on-topic discussion.

ok now everyone as you were

lol, Give credit to Obie, you gave me the idea

you did it well though, you almost did it the same as me, the difference being i always say, they will never know. bravo bravo. anyway what you expecting the nu,bers to be? i think thay are going to put the ps3 numbers highrt then vgc

Im not to0 sure, Well I think it'll be Wii>PS3>360>PS2

blasphemy. we all know it is going to be

360>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Wii>ps2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ps3

Is this the death of the 360?

Anything yet?

^_^

Around the Network
obieslut said:
blazinhead89 said:
obieslut said:
blazinhead89 said:
obieslut said:
some heads are going to get broken soon just wait and see i am ready for a brawl.

@blazinhead89, stop stealing me ideas i am the only member that can go into off topic banter then disguise it with a few whoops, a wink and a sentence of random on-topic discussion.

ok now everyone as you were

lol, Give credit to Obie, you gave me the idea

you did it well though, you almost did it the same as me, the difference being i always say, they will never know. bravo bravo. anyway what you expecting the nu,bers to be? i think thay are going to put the ps3 numbers highrt then vgc

Im not to0 sure, Well I think it'll be Wii>PS3>360>PS2

blasphemy. we all know it is going to be

GBA>>>>>>>> 360>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Wii>ps2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ps3

Fixed

Less than 2 minutes...

any minute now..

GAF is dead.

My nails are all gone! Too much tension for me!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot