By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Heavy Rain twist: main character can die, story goes on

mesoteto said:
why would you want that? i mean you want to get attached to a character and see them strive thru the struggles of the plot, if they are not needed for the story then why tell it to begin with?

Some writers do that in their books as well.  They have main chars, they introduce new chars, they let their main chars die and continue on with their new chars.

If you are a good enough writer, you can do that without losing the reader.

Around the Network

I'll be very curious to see how they do this. They're telling a narrative after all (even if they only partially achieved that in Farenheit) and therefore they need a narrative that can adapt to the lead character dying.

I guess they could have secondary characters ready to step in and take over. Or perhaps they have multiple endings and if the lead dies you head more rapidly towards one of those.

After all, if you could get everyone killed I'd be impressed if the story was still able to continue beyond 'and everybody died...' so they must have some way of keeping the story on track while allowing flexibility for how it resolves before you via the characters.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...