By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - is Halo 4 coming out for PS3?

sharv33n said:
ok ok, BUT is it tru tht bungie and MS split up tho?

MS allowed Bungie to be independent but on certain conditions. Very likely, those conditions involve something about the 360 being Bungie's main priority.

Around the Network
sharv33n said:
ok ok, BUT is it tru tht bungie and MS split up tho?

Yes they had an amicable split, but Bungie is no longer first party. It is possible for them to make a PS3 game, however they still have extremely strong ties to Microsoft. To my knowledge the only publisher Bungie has an agreement with currently is Microsoft making their games exclusive by default.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Microsoft owns the brand, and the brand is what counts, the brand is what sells the hell out of the game...

Now, Bungie could do a game for the PS3, but Sony doesn't need Bungie, i respect them as a company, but they have nothing against devs like Insomniac or Naughty Dog, and i'm only talking about devs that work exclusively with Sony, if i throw 3rd pary the list is way bigger... So for game quality, they don't need Bungie... Now, they could do a game and advertise it with "from the creators of the Halo series" to build some hype and get buzz, but it has to be a game worthy of the hype...

NEVER!!!!!!!!!

I never thought that the day would come when I would play Sonic on a Nintendo. So, anything is possible. With that being said, Halo 4 (if there is one) will not be on the PS3. Halo fifteen years from now is a remote possibility, but not in the near future.

Around the Network

No one that only owns a PS3 wants Halo...it would mean just as much as any game that goes multiplat, nothing more.

So, were getting Mario Party 9?

Dianko said:
Halo game on PS3? Not a chance in hell. MS owns the IP.

Bungie game on PS3? Highly unlikely. I'm sure the deal with the split definitely favored MS, as well as the fact that many people in Bungie have gotten quite rich from being with MS, so why would they ditch that for Sony?

I don't see why not.  Square got rich from being with Nintendo.  Then they jumped ship to Sony.  And now they've jumped ship to Microsoft.  Loyalty is overrated in this business.

No. Microsoft owns the IP. Part of the deal of letting Bungie go was to secure the rights to Halo as an exclusive to their company and their products.

Jackson50 said:
I never thought that the day would come when I would play Sonic on a Nintendo. So, anything is possible. With that being said, Halo 4 (if there is one) will not be on the PS3. Halo fifteen years from now is a remote possibility, but not in the near future.

True but the difference is that Sega was just like Nintendo making consoles and games, while microsoft is making much more money with all there pc software and is certainly not going to get to the point of selling there Halo franchise to a competitor. Even if the xbox wouldn't be there anymore they would still not sell it and keep it as a pc exclusive. Anyways thats what I think.

My favorite games for this gen:

1. Gears of War    2. MGS4    3. Killzone 2   4. Halo 3(Underated by many)      5. Mass Effect