By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - futre of the wii____ series. wii music may not be terrible

ive been hearing quite a big about nintnedo cashing in on the wii___ series simply to rake in load sof money. but i think it is quite possible that wii sports resort will be the last one. wii sports,fit and music were the three games miyamoto had in mind with the wii console.  a trilogy as it were that is almost complete. wii music has not been made because wii fit brought in load sof money but because it was planned from the start. wii play was a spinoff to give more value to the remote and wii sports resort is a spinoff that will be used to show off. they make sense as a series. apart from wii chess which to me just seems a really odd thing to do. so once wii sports resort is out will they need to make more?do they have any in developement? do they really need to when they have zelda, pikmin and animal corssing which will no doubt have 1m+ sales. I also expect disaster, wario, icarus and punchout to have good sales. neither do they need these games to show off add ons  so they dont need the wii seires.

BTW i am not a supporter of wii music so no comments about 'haha fanboys try and defend every shite game nintendo put out. i wont be buying it as it doesnt look good at all to me. however i wont hate on it and am willing to give it a chance. after all i thought the same about wii fit and that ended up getting 80 on metacritic, quite a good score.

what do u guys think?

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Around the Network

From the start, most haven't understood what the Wii series is actually for. They are all made to fulfill specific purposes. Wii Sports acts as a lure to show people how video games can be fun and immersive. Wii Play acts as an introduction to the Wii Remote for its features not really covered in Wii Sports. Wii Chess is there to draw in the old-school board game types who don't see why they should get a console when they can just pull out Monopoly or something. Wii Fit acts as an introduction to the Balance Board. Wii Sports Resort is going to be an introduction to MotionPlus. And Wii Music is an introduction to the idea of how the Wii Remote can be used for button-timing gameplay.

In short, each is an entry point for getting accustomed to a new way of playing games. They're primarily made for people who have little to no experience with games at all. Thus they have low barriers to playing, few complexities in gameplay, and lots of potential for mastery.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

Sky Render said:
From the start, most haven't understood what the Wii series is actually for. They are all made to fulfill specific purposes. Wii Sports acts as a lure to show people how video games can be fun and immersive. Wii Play acts as an introduction to the Wii Remote for its features not really covered in Wii Sports. Wii Chess is there to draw in the old-school board game types who don't see why they should get a console when they can just pull out Monopoly or something. Wii Fit acts as an introduction to the Balance Board. Wii Sports Resort is going to be an introduction to MotionPlus. And Wii Music is an introduction to the idea of how the Wii Remote can be used for button-timing gameplay.

In short, each is an entry point for getting accustomed to a new way of playing games. They're primarily made for people who have little to no experience with games at all. Thus they have low barriers to playing, few complexities in gameplay, and lots of potential for mastery.

Well said. Mind if I quote you on this from time to time?

This is invisible text!

why must this thread die? i wanted to see what the haters thought

Heh. I'm not that good, Rol. All I did was sum up why the Wii series exists and what it's for. There's still plenty to discuss, like if there will ever be a call for another Wii game to introduce any other concepts to the entry-level gamer.

Oh, and feel free to quote that if you want, Killergram. That goes for anybody else who wants to quote it, too.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Sky Render said:

Heh. I'm not that good, Rol. All I did was sum up why the Wii series exists and what it's for. There's still plenty to discuss, like if there will ever be a call for another Wii game to introduce any other concepts to the entry-level gamer.

Oh, and feel free to quote that if you want, Killergram. That goes for anybody else who wants to quote it, too.

Okay, I can think of something else. The sixth Mario Kart game has been subtitled simply with "Wii", the Wii Wheel is offering a low barrier of entry. So considering these two factors, can we call Mario Kart Wii to be somehow a part of the Wii series?

no..actually it's not

Nintendo already stated that this would be a bridge game, so it's not a just Wii__ game, it's also a Mario Kart game

let it sink in for a second..get what I mean? it's for the core gamer and old school gamers..who play mario Kart

and for the people who played some Wii___games 

this way they can close the gap between 'casual' and 'hardcore' so everyone will simply be gamer

upstreaming?

wii is their causal series

Sky Render said:

You sir, deserve this.

Pixel Art can be fun.

I actually think Wii music may not be that bad, except that I lost interest when I learnd it was just moving your arms around. It doesn't mean it's going to be horible though...

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

c03n3nj0 said:
I actually think Wii music may not be that bad, except that I lost interest when I learnd it was just moving your arms around. It doesn't mean it's going to be horible though...

wtf? I think you get it wrong..you swing to increase volume of the instrument..

you press buttons to play notes..and in that combination you can decide how fast and how loud the music is..

all of this also depends on the intrument you're playing f.e