By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Obama admits being a muslim

Mods I bet you, PLEASE BAN HIM.

Console Agnostic since 2001.

Around the Network

See I have a problem with this from both sides of the issue. First of all the topic itself is tabloid trash, no doubt there. But on the other hand so were quite a few of the Palin threads that we were graced with not too long ago.

My question is where were those complaints of unfounded rumormongering last week? It's a rhetorical question in case you were unsure, I think we all know what is happening in regards to the situational outrage.

So no I'm not going to lock it, if you want to discredit the story feel free to do so, it should be *very* easy unless MrBubbles seeks out more credible evidence (which is out there), but even then its not tough.

Each member can weigh the merit of the terribly edited video on his or her own, just like was done with the Palin threads when rumors that she was involved in a baby cover-up scandal (among other distasteful topics) were greeted by members on this forum with more acceptance than caution. Neither story is mental gymnastics to figure out and quite frankly locking the thread would be an inconsistent application of moderator powers. Any principled objection would have been lodged then and not just now.

I will say this however, if the debate continues on this uncivil path I will have no problems warning and banning individuals who cross the line, which by the way is the same way the Palin threads were handled.

To Each Man, Responsibility

I do not think Barack Obama is a muslim.

It should be quite easy to disprove MrBubbles without referring to him as a "bigot" though. As far as I can tell he hasn't once directly associated being a muslim with being a terrorist.

As such, people in this thread need to engage with him on the issues, rather than resorting to personal attacks. Such tactics only weaken your own arguments.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Sqrl said:

See I have a problem with this from both sides of the issue. First of all the topic itself is tabloid trash, no doubt there. But on the other hand so were quite a few of the Palin threads that we were graced with not too long ago.

My question is where were those complaints of unfounded rumormongering last week? It's a rhetorical question in case you were unsure, I think we all know what is happening in regards to the situational outrage.

So no I'm not going to lock it, if you want to discredit the story feel free to do so, it should be *very* easy unless MrBubbles seeks out more credible evidence (which is out there), but even then its not tough.

Each member can weigh the merit of the terribly edited video on his or her own, just like was done with the Palin threads when rumors that she was involved in a baby cover-up scandal (among other distasteful topics) were greeted by members on this forum with more acceptance than caution. Neither story is mental gymnastics to figure out and quite frankly locking the thread would be an inconsistent application of moderator powers. Any principled objection would have been lodged then and not just now.

I will say this however, if the debate continues on this uncivil path I will have no problems warning and banning individuals who cross the line.

There is a big difference between criticizing what somebody says or does and spreading lies.

Rubang may have posted the rumors of the pregnancy, but he never once insisted on them being true.

My complaints over Palin's fatalism, were over something she actually said and meant to say.  I never said that she was going to commit treason - the highest crime possible in pretty much every country in the world.

I never insulted her as a person, though I did display my uneasiness with her admitted fatalism.

Not one long term poster on Vgchartz said Palin was a member of a religion that she was not nor did they say she was a terrorist.

As an Obama supporter let me quote myself:

Stop insulting people with statements that are just meant to be inflammatory or disrespectful of other people's beliefs.  You can state yours without attacking others.

It is not useful or proper to spread lies.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

starcraft said:
I do not think Barack Obama is a muslim.

It should be quite easy to disprove MrBubbles without referring to him as a "bigot" though. As far as I can tell he hasn't once directly associated being a muslim with being a terrorist.

As such, people in this thread need to engage with him on the issues, rather than resorting to personal attacks. Such tactics only weaken your own arguments.

"I am a Christian, and I am a devout Christian. I believe in the redemptive death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. I believe that that faith gives me a path to be cleansed of sin and have eternal life. But most importantly, I believe in the example that Jesus set by feeding the hungry and healing the sick and always prioritizing the least of these over the powerful." (Barack Obama Christianity Today, January 2008)

Around the Network
steven787 said:
Sqrl said:

I will say this however, if the debate continues on this uncivil path I will have no problems warning and banning individuals who cross the line.

There is a big difference between criticizing what somebody says or does and spreading lies.

Rubang may have posted the rumors of the pregnancy, but he never once insisted on them being true.

My complaints over Palin's fatalism, were over something she actually said and meant to say.  I never said that she was going to commit treason - the highest crime possible in pretty much every country in the world.

I never insulted her as a person, though I did display my uneasiness with her admitted fatalism.

Not one long term poster on Vgchartz said Palin was a member of a religion that she was not nor did they say she was a terrorist.

Stop insulting people with statements that are just meant to be inflammatory or disrespectful of other people's beliefs.  You can state yours without attacking others.

So threads about her covering up her teenage daughters down syndrome baby by claiming it as her own is not spreading a lie?  When folks took Palin's comments at her church out of context and pegged her as a religious fanatic that wasn't warping the truth like it is here? Just because nobody is calling her a muslim or terrorist doesn't mean equally trashy tabloid headlines weren't posted up with equally reckless abandon. The only difference between the situations is that Obama is *your* candidate.

But this is not the topic of this thread, if you catch my drift.

Sqrl said:
steven787 said:
Sqrl said:

So threads about her covering up her teenage daughters down syndrome baby by claiming it as her own is not spreading a lie?  When folks took Palin's comments at her church out of context and pegged her as a religious fanatic that wasn't warping the truth like it is here? Just because nobody is calling her a muslim or terrorist doesn't mean equally trashy tabloid headlines weren't posted up with equally reckless abandon. The only difference between the situations is that Obama is *your* candidate.

I respectfully disagree, a pregnancy rumor about a Governor that turned out to be half true is not the same thing as accusing a Senator of treason.

(Edit: One of those is a crime punishable by death)

steven787 said:
Sqrl said:

I respectfully disagree, a pregnancy rumor about a Governor that turned out to be half true is not the same thing as accusing a Senator of treason.

(Edit: One of those is a crime punishable by death)

Noted, and I respectfully disagree with your recounting of the situation. You're seriously overplaying this thread and seriously downplaying the others. I say this as someone equally offended by both and party to neither.

Who cares?

Not a Muslim

Is friends with terrorists.

Don't see it a big deal since the last terrorist attack any of them commited was over 40 years ago.

Not a terrorist himself.

Why people jumped to "Mr Bubbles thinks all muslims are friends with terrorists/makes him a terrorist" I don't know.

I mean... he is friends with terrorists.  If anything I think that's why he thinks Obama is a muslim.  Though i believe those terrorists he's friends with weren't even muslim.