By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Peak of the 360.

I'm starting to feel that the 360 will peak this year.  After all it's going to be a 3 years old console.  I don't get me wrong, I love that it's giving Sony a ride for its money but think it will be overshadowed by the PS3 in coming years.  It does have alot of potential console sellers but.. I don't know I just have a strange feeling.

Anyone else think the 360 is going to peak this year?

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network

not really mabye next christmas.

Doubt it. It still has Halo[project], Star Ocean, Final Fantasy XIII, Gears of War 3(if Epic holds true) and quite a list of other games for '09-'11. Plus all the unnanounced games.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Disregard.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Yes.

As in go buy us some coffee.

http://speedhunters.com

Around the Network

Halo 3PS, Halo Wars, Alan Wake, FFXIII, Gears 2, Gears 3, Mass Effect 2, Call of Duty World at War, COD6 + Netflix, XBLA, XNA Community Games--I cannot stress this enough--and a whole lot more. I believe it will peak in 2010.

Do you mean in sales or in the quality of games? Sales it may well peak this year, but as the post above shows, the quality games will be coming for a while

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

colonelstubbs said:
Do you mean in sales or in the quality of games? Sales it may well peak this year, but as the post above shows, the quality games will be coming for a while

I mean Sales.  Sorry for the confusion.

Pixel Art can be fun.

I think MS pathed the way for a nice 2009 with the price-cut and some really nice games coming 2009. Halo Wars and Alan Wake as top exclusives to come early 2009, new Bungie-game etc.

Furthermore there are lots of rumors coming up for 25th September and the re-launch thing. Even if just half of those rumors are true, things might look good for the 360. And MS said they have plenty of new exclusive games in development that have not been shown yet.

If MS manages it to get things right and PLEASE do some marketing in Europe, 2009 can top 2008. But this is just pure guessing. We will see what happens.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

halogamer1989 said:
Halo 3PS, Halo Wars, Alan Wake, FFXIII, Gears 2, Gears 3, Mass Effect 2, Call of Duty World at War, COD6 + Netflix, XBLA, XNA Community Games--I cannot stress this enough--and a whole lot more. I believe it will peak in 2010.

Now, in all reality, are sequels usually console sellers? Now if it was the first sequel on the platform (MGS4) then I could understand you saying it'd help boost the console sales, but for the games you've listed, I'd say probably 65-75% of the units sold are going to be from people who have the first (or second, or third, etf) in the series, who as you might guess, already have a 360.