By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square-enix TGS 2008 games

Paul_Warren said:
"But you've got me confused on one thing: what's this about Christmas 2010?"

That is the date by which the PS3 will pass the Wii in worldwide sales.

I don't think the entire membership of this forum has enough hands between them to adequately express the facepalm that your assertion gets.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

Around the Network

@Paul_Warren: HAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA damn I needed a good laugh. This SE issue has me pissed, you helped me a bit.

Keep it up with the sense of humour, it's great!

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Yeah, laugh it up buddy.

My most anticipated games:  Whatever Hideo Kojima is going to do next, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Gran Turismo 5, Alan Wake, Wii Sports Resort.  Cave Story Wiiware.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqqLMgbtrB8

This list means one of three things.

1. S-E is not going to support the Wii (which means it is not very smart and could lead them to financial difficulties).

2. S-E is slow in changing things because of massive lead times (which means they are still completing games announced before the Wii was launched and took over).

3. S-E has a knock your socks set of Wii announcements to make (DQ10, KH3, FF7x2.

I put the probabilities at 15%, 65%, 20%.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

mike_intellivision said:
This list means one of three things.

1. S-E is not going to support the Wii (which means it is not very smart and could lead them to financial difficulties).

2. S-E is slow in changing things because of massive lead times (which means they are still completing games announced before the Wii was launched and took over).

3. S-E has a knock your socks set of Wii announcements to make (DQ10, KH3, FF7x2.

I put the probabilities at 15%, 65%, 20%.

Mike from Morgantown

What do you base those probabilities on? Nº 1 is the most probable, Nº 2 comes in a far second, Nº 3 has no chance of being real.

Platform neutral my ass.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network
trestres said:

The only surprising thing would be that it is an HD/PSP game now, there's a huge chance of that happening.

Dude, no there isn't. Just...

Just...

Just shut your whore mouth, alright?

vdoesntforgive said:
trestres said:

The only surprising thing would be that it is an HD/PSP game now, there's a huge chance of that happening.

Just...

Watch out with the personal insults. There's no need to insult people. Look if FFXIII went multiplat (possibly by a moneyhat), why can't a spinoff like FFCC:CB switch platforms. Besides I can back this up with the fact that since early 2007 we haven't seen anything about the game. The only things we have are two 15 second trailers.

I think it's gonna be like MH3, where there was nothing shown for the PS3 because the game had switched platforms.

Again, watch your dirty mouth.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres said:
vdoesntforgive said:
trestres said:

Just...

Watch out with the personal insults. There's no need to insult people. Look if FFXIII went multiplat (possibly by a moneyhat), why can't a spinoff like FFCC:CB switch platforms. Besides I can back this up with the fact that since early 2007 we haven't seen anything about the game. The only things we have are two 15 second trailers.

I think it's gonna be like MH3, where there was nothing shown for the PS3 because the game had switched platforms.

The crystal Chronicle series isn't a spinoff. It's more of its own series, and only has the FInal Fantasy name attached to it for better sales. It has basically nothing in common with the Final Fantasy series.

trestres said:

I think you're going way over board with this.

Just relax. It's going to come. The franchise was made for Nintendo when they weren't doing too hot, theres NO reason for it to jump ship now that they're tearing shit up, and everyone else is already getting a slice of the FF pie. None.

Nada.

Zilch.

Zero.

Bobo012893 said:
If they're going to announce KH3 they wouldn't tell us a month before

4 ≈ One