By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square-enix TGS 2008 games

hope some gameplay for ffxiii and versus xiii

Around the Network
playnext3 said:
hope some gameplay for ffxiii and versus xiii

Well i was hoping for that too but according to this there wont be.

http://www.finalfantasyxiii.net/index.php?subaction=showfull&id=1220852358&archive=&start_from=&ucat=&

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/tgs08/titles/

Bobo012893 said:
If they're going to announce KH3 they wouldn't tell us a month before

No, but it doesn't matter, because they're not going to announce KH3 for any system right now. They can't; the dev team is busy working on another game. When FFVersusXIII is released, then and only then will it be reasonable to start predicting when KH3 might be announced or where it might go. Until then, speculation of any kind is pointless and foolish.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

melbye said:
You have wonder what Nintendo did to them. They have to be really angry since they rather fail on 360 than be a success on Wii

They made the N64 cartridge-based, and thus Square wouldn't be able to infect its games with FMV.

No, really. That's it. That's how long grudges can last in the world of Japanese business.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.

Keep in mind people, a development teams might be working on the general programming and such alike for FFVsXIII but there is a storyboarding, scripting, directing, music and sound, designer phases as well which could all be working on KH as most of that stuff might be either done for VsXIII or different people, whether or not the programmers are done witn FFVsXIII

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
The Fury said:

Keep in mind people, a development teams might be working on the general programming and such alike for FFVsXIII but there is a storyboarding, scripting, directing, music and sound, designer phases as well which could all be working on KH as most of that stuff might be either done for VsXIII or different people, whether or not the programmers are done witn FFVsXIII

Very, very unlikely. Everything you've mentioned -storyboarding, scripting, directing, and so forth- are also part of the development process, and so these teams are also busy with FFVersusXIII.

As for handing it off to a different team? There is no chance of that. In fact, there is less than zero chance of that. Dev teams get very territorial about their franchises. Square-Enix will not put anyone other than the Kingdom Hearts team on Kingdom Hearts.

In my opinion KHIII is either going to be there on PS3 or not at all. I don't know why Wii fans keep saying its destined to be on their system because most of the fans of the first two games haven't purchased a Wii and the PS3 is doing fine and will continue to increase the size of its install base.  And as far as the 360 goes, Infinite Undiscovery is going to be at the show for MS; however it has already failed due to poor review scores from IGN, etc, The Last Remnant is going to be on both the PS3  and 360; and as sales have shown most 360 fans aren't interested in rpgs (only 60,000 and 58,000 opening week sales in America for Blue Dragon and Tales of Vesperia respectively), so if they want to put Star Ocean 4 on a system where it will sell, where the majority of the system's owners would be willing to purchase it, and on a system that can handle its visuals, then they need to bring it to PS3.  I'm sure that they are just waiting to see how the two Star Ocean games headed to the PSP in America in the next few months do before they decide to announce it for the PS3.

My most anticipated games:  Whatever Hideo Kojima is going to do next, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Gran Turismo 5, Alan Wake, Wii Sports Resort.  Cave Story Wiiware.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqqLMgbtrB8

"Blu Ray
Final Fantasy Advent Children"

Why the emoticon? It is supposed to be a much expanded version of what was already a good film and its a Blu Ray so that means its quality will be superior to that of the DVD; and it is also supposed to include a demo of the PS3's version of FFXIII.

My most anticipated games:  Whatever Hideo Kojima is going to do next, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Gran Turismo 5, Alan Wake, Wii Sports Resort.  Cave Story Wiiware.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqqLMgbtrB8

ok so the xbots can finally say that M$ is money hatting SE. (at least any smart one would)

The list interests me a lot, they're definitely going to focus on a lot of games. I am wondering though why Dragon Quest VI isn't on the list as it's probably nearing its release in the upcoming few months.

Also I'm sure that unannounced games won't be on the list so if there is going to be a KH3 announcement then they definitely won't list it with the other titles. I also hope they show new trailers for FFXIII and FFVXIII since I've been dying for new content for a while now.