By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Conduit is starting to get overhyped.

DMeisterJ said:
So now there's actual hype and fake hype I assume?

Okkkkay.

I didn't write "fake". That would be false advertising anway.

I wrote "scale", which doesn't mean false in any way, so it makes me wonder if you just skimmed my post again.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

I say let the game get hyped to stratospheric levels. I really don't care, I just want the game to be good.

Just kiss the tip.

LordTheNightKnight said:
DMeisterJ said:

Okkkkay.

I wrote "scale", which doesn't mean false in any way, so it makes me wonder if you just skimmed my post again.

I saw "scaled hype".  But since that isn't an actual type of hype, I decided to make it "fake".

The opposite of actual is not real or "fake". 

As much as you'd like to believe, I don't skim your, or anyone's posts.

@Zucas:

Resistance did get 8's just as it deserves. It's at like 85% or something like that, which is a pretty accurate score. The game very good and rock solid all-around. The game just wasn't mind-blowing amazing like COD4. Resistance 2, however, looks like a very high quality FPS. In fact, it looks to be as good or even better than any other FPS released this generation so far.

The Conduit can't even compare to Resistance 1 lol. It's only good FOR A WII GAMES standards. Nothing more.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

DMeisterJ said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
DMeisterJ said:

Okkkkay.

I saw "scaled hype".  But since that isn't an actual type of hype, I decided to make it "fake".

I didn't write "scaled hype" either. I wrote "hyped for the scale of this board". Skimming again.

And riot is jumping the gun by assuming the game will be mediocre. We don't know that either.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Around the Network
Riot Of The Blood said:
@Zucas:

Resistance did get 8's just as it deserves. It's at like 85% or something like that, which is a pretty accurate score. The game very good and rock solid all-around. The game just wasn't mind-blowing amazing like COD4. Resistance 2, however, looks like a very high quality FPS. In fact, it looks to be as good or even better than any other FPS released this generation so far.

The Conduit can't even compare to Resistance 1 lol. It's only good FOR A WII GAMES standards. Nothing more.

Well, it's not like you or me have already played it so we can't really tell, can we :P

I'm not jumping on the hype train yet, we'll see. But the first 'previews' were pretty positive. The outstanding feature on this one seems to be the controls.

LordTheNightKnight said:
DMeisterJ said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
DMeisterJ said:

Okkkkay.

I didn't write "scaled hype" either. I wrote "hyped for the scale of this board". Skimming again.

And riot is jumping the gun by assuming the game will be mediocre. We don't know that either.

LOL.

For some reason you believe that I skim posts when I don't.  Sorry, I don't copy and paste exactly what you said and that I used journalistic freedom and abbreviated what you said.

Really, Don't "scaled hype" and "hype for the scale of this board" mean the same thing, essentially?

DMeisterJ said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
DMeisterJ said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
DMeisterJ said:

Okkkkay.

LOL.

For some reason you believe that I skim posts when I don't.  Sorry, I don't copy and paste exactly what you said and that I used journalistic freedom and abbreviated what you said.

Really, Don't "scaled hype" and "hype for the scale of this board" mean the same thing, essentially?

You're not s journalist, and quoting isn't about what you think is the same thing. You think "scaled hype" is a fake thing, but hype among a limited group such as demographics, a niche market, or in this case a message board, which is what the comment I actually wrote meant, is a real concept. So it can't be the same thing.

Wateva LTNK.

Do you have to argue every point?

sheesh.

LittleBigPlanet is starting to get overhyped.

Yes, yes it's cute it's pushing the social gaming envelope, it's what the PS3 needs, but it's starting to become overhyped.  People need to stop putting it up on a pedestal and just wait.  I found Resistance 4 overhyped, Halo 6 overhyped, and now I'm thinking LittleBigPlanet is going to be overhyped.  Anyone else think so too?

Damn, I thought it was funny... >_>

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!