By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Disaster Day of Crisis be crap?

The chances that a Nintendo game would be crap (other than Wii Music but that is a toy not a game) are about equal to the chances that I will win the lottery tonight (and I'm not even playing).

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Around the Network

It is a MonolithSoft game.

MonolithSoft games are fated to bomb.

^^^ This is what you get for blowing a rumor out of proportion

Chocobo brain damage!!! Here, drink this diet Coke..*runs*

Currently playing :

VC - Ogre Battle March of the Black Queen
Wii - New Super Mario Bros. Wii
DS - Glory of Heracels

i think we havnt seen the much of that title because they are releasing it early for two reasons

1. Monolith soft fixed the problems with the game much sooner than they anticipated
2. want to get rid of misconception that they are abandoning core audience.

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

I dunno whats going on with how quiet Nintendo have been with this game. So much doesn't make sense, it was meant to come out in Japan a few months back, then it was delayed indefinitely. Then it pops up again and is being released in Europe first. This never happens, well occasionally, but the us release is only days or a week after.

I hope its good because it had all the makings of being a good "core gamers" game.

Also they should get Fatal Frame 4 out in the us and pal regions asap for core Nintendo gamers. They say they haven't forgot us, but words are cheap, they need to follow through with some actions.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

misteromar mk4 said:
I dunno whats going on with how quiet Nintendo have been with this game. So much doesn't make sense, it was meant to come out in Japan a few months back, then it was delayed indefinitely. Then it pops up again and is being released in Europe first. This never happens, well occasionally, but the us release is only days or a week after.

I hope its good because it had all the makings of being a good "core gamers" game.

Also they should get Fatal Frame 4 out in the us and pal regions asap for core Nintendo gamers. They say they haven't forgot us, but words are cheap, they need to follow through with some actions.

That's why they are blasting us with Disaster so quickly I assume. So they ARE taking action because they know actions are louder than words....

And please, everyone, don't forget about Warioland. It's coming out at the end of the month, and is core centric.

Just kiss the tip.

Around the Network

It comes from a developer with Pedigree, so I will give them a chance.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

No, Its launching in Japan on the 25th of September. Hence me saying that we have to wait 3 weeks to know anything. Europe release is Oct 25 or something but i just got an email on my pre order, its been pushed forward to the 17th Oct.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

This game really has me worried. I'm also starting to think Nintendo don't care anymore (hope I'm wrong). I mean, no one has played it to give a hands-on preview, and it releases in 3 weeks!

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.

It should be decent. It has guns and terrorists, so I expect the metascore will be mid-eighties, better than Mario Kart Wii.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

ItsaMii said:
It comes from a developer with Pedigree, so I will give them a chance.

Right, this is a survival-action game coming from a proven RPG developer with no gameplay video a month beofre it's release.

Frankly, I don't care if this game is good or not, I just want it to hurry up and get done so Monolith can get to work on what they're supposed to.