By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - NHL 2K9 will release on the 9th!

Wow that was fast!  Who lit a fire under their arse?

I guess the wanted to keep up with EA.

At any rate the demo is on XBOX Live so I'll check it out later today, then I'll decide whether or not to get it for XBOX360 or Wii.  I'm thinking 360 because I'm afraid of the gimicky waggle nonsense ruining the gameplay for me.  I wonder what date the game's rosters are set to.  At any rate this willbe my first hockey game since 2K5 so I'm kinda excited about it.

But it'll have to wait a couple months, cause I won't have money for it just yet.

Anyone else excited?

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

Around the Network

I might get it on the Wii if it gets good reviews. Otherwise I'll wait for next year's which will support Wii Motion Plus.

nhl 09 ftw

ya i cant wait for this game.

I hope they switch it so it play's like soccer (pointer) on Wii.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Around the Network

Is it going to be released in Europe?

They are sure pushing the Wii version, I see marketing for it all over now. I've been waiting 2 years for a good hockey game on Wii but the fact no reviewers have had any hands-on time with this game makes me very wary.

Are these real hockey games or like the hitz series?

Can love bloom on the battlefield?                 Proud supporter of this gen!!!

I'm getting the Wii version. Finally a good hockey game on the Wii.

I played the demo and it was pretty good, although my money is going to NHL 09 seeing as how it has a mode very similar to "Road to the Show" from the "MLB the Show" Baseball series.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!