By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - USA 360 Price drop Official September 5th

Good news for potential 360 buyers.

Around the Network

Oh, and Worst kept secret ever

@ Gobias

I don't think that'll happen again, this drop is too big for it to fail.

darthdevidem01 said:
SamuelRSmith said:
I hope this spills over into the UK, as I'm planning on getting the 60gb soon, for Fable II, and anything off the price would mean money for Banjo, Gears, Viva Pinata, and Halo 3.

Its cheaper than the wii in the UK as of now....don't expect anything more for this year from M$

Damn their oily hides!

Great news for all gamers keeps the pressure on hopefully WII will get some pressure and think about a price drop and I am personally waiting for the PS3 to come down. A nice huge sales spike should get sony thinking

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

So where does MS go from here in terms of price drops? This is the lowest it's gonna go right? The Arcade going to 150 is definitely a ways off, and would put them back in the loss leading category again, which they don't want to do.

So (big) if this price cut fails to ignite sales, what will happen?

Around the Network

Prolly drop to $150 or $175 next August/Sept.
Im guessing MS cuts each year till the $130ish mark ala PS2. By then the 720 has to be on the verge of release

Also dont be suprised to see holiday packs in if this price drop fails (If thats possible).

It's just that simple.

Gobias said:
DMeisterJ said:
Their financials should be very fun this quarter (July - Sept).

And it must be very confusing for the consumer to have a 350 20 gig, then a 300 20 gig, then a 350 60 gig, then a 300 60 gig...

Screw the financials, September NPD is going to be epic, if it doesn't break 300k, or doesn't even outsell the PS3, we will have some epic melt downs.

lol. epic doesn't even begin to describe what would happen..... Still, I think this price drop will be successful.

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

yeah september will be fun, lol. i think it will slimly outsell the ps3

DMeisterJ said:
So where does MS go from here in terms of price drops? This is the lowest it's gonna go right? The Arcade going to 150 is definitely a ways off, and would put them back in the loss leading category again, which they don't want to do.

So (big) if this price cut fails to ignite sales, what will happen?

I don't really think that this should even be a question, I mean, the sales are definatly going to kick off when the price cut happens, and when they start to wear down slightly, we'll be heading straight into christmas.

I think that this pricecut could put the 360 ahead of the PS3 in weeklys atleast until LBP (jk)

Jandre002 said:
yeah september will be fun, lol. i think it will slimly outsell the ps3

In america, most def.

Worldwide... Not so much...  Maybe.  Who knows?