By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - LittleBigPlanet...Give it a rest.

Thats it. They should just change the name to Hugebigplanet

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Around the Network

LBP will be huge!

but but but...
lital big plantet will b huge

LittleBigPlanet will be sooooooooo freaking huge. I can't wait to get my copy!!!

@Simulacrum

My point is by posting that, NONE OF YOU HAVE PLAYED THE GAME.  No one in this thread other than ME, has played the game.  People don't even want to read my impressions that I posted of the game. 

This is a catch 22.  I sense people in this thread WANT this game to fail because it isn't coming to their console of choice.  Is it that hard to believe an innovative, cutting edge, mass appeal, fun, and groundbreaking game is coming to the Playstation 3?

Console Agnostic since 2001.

Around the Network
talkingparrot said:

@Simulacrum

My point is by posting that, NONE OF YOU HAVE PLAYED THE GAME.  No one in this thread other than ME, has played the game.  People don't even want to read my impressions that I posted of the game. 

This is a catch 22.  I sense people in this thread WANT this game to fail because it isn't coming to their console of choice.  Is it that hard to believe an innovative, cutting edge, mass appeal, fun, and groundbreaking game is coming to the Playstation 3?

1. If people aren't listening to other sites professional impressions why should they listen to yours?
  2. I thought this thread was about too many LBP threads?
  3. I don't give a crap that you've played the game, it's not going to change my thoughts that it's a good game that is going to have small niche community.  I also don't think it will be huge.  :-p

@EVERYONE

Alright, well, here are my impressions from the other thread when I PLAYED IT AT PAX.  I want you guys to know that someone in the community, a home grown, VG Chartz member has impressions.  Judge the game for what you will based on my eyes and on the audience response at the event:

From: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=0&id=40384

-----

Best Game of the Show:

Little Big Planet- Media Molecule / Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide- Some people may call this game a "glorified level editor", others may call this game "boring", "mundane", "pointless", but until you get your hands on it, you have no idea what your missing out on. The entire show, there was a huge line for this game. The customization, the graphics, the cute presentation, it makes a wonderful package. There is no higher amount of praise I can give this title. If you own a Playstation 3, and had to buy one game this year that was not a shooter, this is it. I even read that Disney was making downloadable content for the game. Did I mention the graphics look INSANE.

Why is it awesome?

1. The Graphics look sick.  I mean, in real life, on a 1080p set, this game looked visually striking.  I normally don't say that, and I am a graphics whore.

2. The audio in this game was absolutely heart melting.

3. The gameplay encouraged team work while making it competitive.

Finally -

4. It was FUN.  It was UNIQUE.  It was the sprinkle of magic in an abyss of rehashes of sequels.

You guys have zero idea how much it captivated the audience.  Wario Land Shake didn't get this much attention.  Animal Crossing Wii didn't get this much attention.  Wii Music, Fable 2, any game you can POSSIBLY think of, didn't get garner this type of hype. As people played it, they were smiling, laughing, and patting each other on the back. 

To give you an idea how popular this title was, the official swag bag was a Little Big Planet tote. Wanna hear about advertising? Every person had a bag that said Little Big Planet on it. There was no escaping the hype. Every line you went to, someone was mentioning how cute or interesting it looked. Mothers, fathers, couples, older people, children- they all glared on. It was truly a sight to see that this title could garner this much appeal. Casual? Maybe. Hardcore? I don't know.

Fun?  Hell fucking yes.

talkingparrot said:

@Simulacrum

Ohhh i get your logic :

- You've played it.

- You liked it.

- Everything you like, everybody likes

- Everybody is going to like LittleBigPlanet

Signature goes here!

What is "LPL"? (did he mean LBP?)

@TruckOSaurus

I'm not saying that my opinion supercedes others, however, for people to make an assumption on whether this game will do well or fail without seeing in the wild is superfluous.  I saw it at PAX, while other people played- and observed the reactions and lines the game had.  I think thats a very valuable thing to consider.  You might not like the game, but there is no denying the game has mass market appeal from what I saw.