By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - New Gears of War 2 Multiplayer!!

What do you guys think?!

Edit: AND NO FANBOY COMMENTS!!

Around the Network

I'm not impressed.

Pixel Art can be fun.

^neither am i(but hey i didnt even like the first one, so take my opinion with a pinch of salt.)

But aside from that. It looks very slow, the guy that's playing sucks, it looks very gray and the chain saw thing looks annoying. IMO

I think it looks great, and it's going to sell at an absolutely blistering rate even if only the people who brought the original buy it alone. I personally can't wait!

Passenger57 said:
I think it looks great, and it's going to sell at an absolutely blistering rate even if only the people who brought the original buy it alone. I personally can't wait!

I am kind of pumped

Around the Network

@ Smoked, @ master,
Hey if you aren't interested, you aren't interested...No big deal. Gears is all about tactical versus twitch shooting (in fact I think it has a good balance between the two) so it definitely is slower than say a Resistance, or Halo game.

You are right about one thing though, the guy playing sucked.

@Jersey - I play the heck out of the original still with a good group of on-line friends and we are all foaming at the mouth for the new one. New screens and videos do nothing but excite the horde! Really interested in how they address the following: One-Shot Downs from the active longshot, the unbelievably small boomshot blast radius and the host shotgun advantage. Stopping power and the flamethrower look to be pretty cool additions as well.

its just look like the first one

TRios_Zen said:
@ Smoked, @ master,
Hey if you aren't interested, you aren't interested...No big deal. Gears is all about tactical versus twitch shooting (in fact I think it has a good balance between the two) so it definitely is slower than say a Resistance, or Halo game.

You are right about one thing though, the guy playing sucked.

@Jersey - I play the heck out of the original still with a good group of on-line friends and we are all foaming at the mouth for the new one. New screens and videos do nothing but excite the horde! Really interested in how they address the following: One-Shot Downs from the active longshot, the unbelievably small boomshot blast radius and the host shotgun advantage. Stopping power and the flamethrower look to be pretty cool additions as well.

lol, I know, I played the first gears to death...just dont why I never brought it. You see, thats the thing about gears 2: people are either going to love it or hate it. A lot of fanboys have been complaining about how there are slight upgrades from the first one. This is true, but the first one rocked!! It was damn near perfect...just the storyline was about 6-8 hours long:(. Other than that, graphics are awesome, gameplay is epic, and controls were perfect IMO. Anything that can be added will just improve on its greatness.

looks decent. Not interested though because i am not much of a multiplayer guy

It looks like fun. I would prefer to see a direct feed video of gameplay. It's hard to tell how good it looks with this video quality. I like the low profile HUDs that this and KZ2 are using.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.